Get 10,000 points for trying inSite

Discussion in 'American Express | Membership Rewards' started by ducster, Apr 20, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. ducster
    Original Member

ducster Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just got this by email, and it sounds like a good deal unless I'm missing something. It does seem to be targeted. Does anyone have any insight on inSite? :)

Say hello to inSiteSM from American Express, the online shopping tool that's only available to Cardmembers.1 It automatically brings you bonus points, savings, or free shipping while you shop, so it's an effortless way to get more from your Cardmembership. And if you download inSiteSM before May 31, you can get 10,000 Membership Rewards® points — a $100 value with many of our partners.2

Terms & Conditions

¹ Terms and conditions apply. Must be American Express® Cardmember in good standing. Tool not compatible with all browsers and search engines. See License Agreement and Privacy Policy for details.

² This offer is good for solicited consumer American Express® Cardmembers who sign up for inSite atinsite.americanexpress.com by May 31, 2011. To earn bonus points, you must have an eligible, enrolled consumer American Express Card, you must be solicited for this offer, you must sign up for inSite by May 31, 2011, and you must be enrolled in the Membership Rewards® program when you sign up for inSite. Your Card account must be active and not in default at the time of bonus point fulfillment. Membership Rewards bonus points will be credited to your Membership Rewards account no later than July 31, 2011. Terms and Conditions for the Membership Rewards® program apply. Visit membershiprewards.com/terms or call 1-800-AXP-EARN (297-3276) for more information. Participating partners and available rewards are subject to change without notice. Bonus ID 6549.

2. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sounds like a no-brainer if it is just a matter of installing the download before May 31. You can always un-install at a later date. 10,000 Membership Rewards Points for a download does not sound bad, just make sure you comply with the T&C.

Tim O'Brien and Horse like this.
  3. Kaanapali
    Original Member

Kaanapali Gold Member

Status Points:
    This would seem to indicate that it is indeed targeted........

4. Bluto
    Original Member

Bluto Silver Member

Status Points:
    It is targeted. I got it, too. However, it doesn't cost too much to give it a shot even if you're not targeted. It's possible it's just link-based and not cross-matched with an internal list of invitees. Simply download it, sign in, then see if anything posts to your account. I did it on an old laptop that I never use because I hate cluttering up my computer with these applications.

5. lichenlt
    Original Member

lichenlt Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is there a direct link to sign up for this? I didn't find a place to enter the bonus ID.

6. ducster
    Original Member

ducster Gold Member

Status Points:
  7. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Link doesn't make you log-in to amex. they may just be looking for insite logins.

8. lichenlt
    Original Member

lichenlt Silver Member

Status Points:
    downloaded and installed. did a search, not seeing that AMEX blue button showing up on the search results page

besides the one time login, I don't see any indication that this is linked to your AMEX account

9. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    My offer was only 5k :(

10. Bluto
    Original Member

Bluto Silver Member

Status Points:
    Has anyone received their points for this yet?

11. krpjr

krpjr Active Member

Status Points:
    The best thing to do with all of these toolbars is to have a virtual machine ready :). VM's have been my best friend and work as a sandbox for me on testing executables and installs.

emajy likes this.
  12. Bluto
    Original Member

Bluto Silver Member

Status Points:
    I emailed and asked where my points were. They said they had no record of it but that they were going to give me 10k as a goodwill gesture! :)

13. emajy
    Original Member

emajy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Or install it on a browser you don't normally use.

14. sargenet
    Original Member

sargenet Silver Member

Status Points:
    I should have done that...instead I asked if I would qualify for the 10K if I downloaded it per the promo.... and they said no since I was not targeted. But I didn't want to push my luck since I just asked them to match the 75K miles versus the 25K I just signed up for. My first bill hasn't even ran yet and I hope that maybe at another time they will offer me something for Insite or Pay over Time...

15. lichenlt
    Original Member

lichenlt Silver Member

Status Points:
  16. ducster
    Original Member

ducster Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, check my original post- I think it's at the end of footnote 2. Good luck!

17. lichenlt
    Original Member

lichenlt Silver Member

Status Points:
    That is bonus ID, they were asking for promotional offer identification number (POID). It consists of four digits of letters and numbers followed by hyphen or semi-colon and four digits of numbers, such as T609:1101.

18. lichenlt
    Original Member

lichenlt Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ok, I wrote back with the Bonus ID anyway. They acknowledged that they see the promotion in my account and the points would be credited in 6-8 weeks. We'll see if they actually post in this time frame.

19. ducster
    Original Member

ducster Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ah, gotcha. I just went back to the offer email and didn't see any POID. Glad you have the bonus though. I'm monitoring my points too, and will post here when they post for me.

20. alohastephen

alohastephen Gold Member

Status Points:
    Me too. Worked fine. 10K credited immediately.

21. ducster
    Original Member

ducster Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's really great. I asked them about my points, and they told me that I have to wait until the post, which would be 6-8 weeks. I'm tempted to send them another message.

22. cutoff

cutoff Active Member

Status Points:
    Do I miss anything? I used the above link and I don't see any 10K bonus. Should I just download? What triggers getting the 10K? Thanks!

23. Delta Points
    Original Member

Delta Points Silver Member

Status Points:
    Me too. May try a few more calls just to see.

24. Delta Points
    Original Member

Delta Points Silver Member

Status Points:
    OK I tried again no dice but the rep did say (I did install from link above) and I did log in via the install of the software that I was resisted and she saw this in my record (I did not get the "official" email) and that I should get the points by July 31. If not call back and they will manually add them!

25. rajuabju
    Original Member

rajuabju Gold Member

Status Points:
    Same here, I dont see anything about 10k points