Germany - method of payment question(s)

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by Gaucho, May 27, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, I realize this is not strictly a credit card question, but its related... and yes, as usual Im making good on my usual out of the ordinary/weird questions.... ;) so here goes.

a) Does anybody that's Deutschland based know if you can use Amazon USA gift cards as payment on Amazon DE purchases...?

b) Are there any Germany based Milepointers that could use Amazon USA gift cards and would not mind acting as payment agent for an Internet purchase I need to make in Germany...? The issue here is that it would have to be someone that needs a "not too small" amount of Amazon credit... since the purchase Im looking at is in the 2500-3000 Euro range. I need to purchase a Jura Z9 with some accessories..... :rolleyes:

Background here is that I want to arbitrage the dual ForEx markets here in Argentina, and to do this I must use one of my local issued Credit Cards, and the merchants that have what I want in Germany will not accept non German issued plastic. This is why I need a "payment agent" that will accept some creative form of reimbursement. I am able to purchase Amazon USA credit (ie. gift cards) using my Argentine credit cards... hence my above questions. I have not yet tried to purchase Amazon DE gift cards using local plastic, Im currently working on that.

Cheers from Buenos Aires,
    Gaucho

2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't know for sure but it doesn't look like it. I have a gift card balance on amazon.com from US gift cards purchased at my local/drug grocery store. I logged into amazon.de and see a zero Euro gift card balance there, so it seems like I can't use the credit there.

Gaucho likes this.
  3. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. Irrespective of payment methods, do you have a separate account with Amazon DE or is it the same account you have with Amazon in the USA....?

4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Same account. It shares payment methods (stored credit cards) and shipping addresses as well as credentials. The German address that I sent a gift to from amazon.de a while ago appears in my amazon.com account, too.

I think the issue with US gift cards is probably that Amazon doesn't do currency conversion.