Georgia tolls on Chase Sapphire

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by petmar, Aug 20, 2016.  |  Print Topic

1. petmar

petmar Member

Status Points:
    i noticed my PeachPass wasn't credited for 2X points, so I called Chase Ulttimate Rewards line. The person who answered was very pleasant, and saw what had been posted, and what was pending, and manually doubled the points as a 'one time courtesy' ( should have waited a little longer I guess). But she said they are billing to Visa as a 'miscellaneous personal expense', not as a 'toll' as they should be. She said hers in Florida is billed as a 'toll/tax' and gets double points. She suggested I put the word out for people to check this and call in if they notice the same thing, and that she would bump it up to her manager to be investigated for a possible change on their end...not holding my breath, but she was very pleasant and helpful. The T&C does say it depends on how the billing goes into Visa.

Zomby Woof likes this.
  2. misman
    Original Member

misman Gold Member

Status Points:
    You may also want to notify PeachPass. If I remember correctly, the classification is based on what PeachPass sends (i.e. toll/tax or miscellaneous personal expense) and has little to nothing to do with Visa or Chase.

Counsellor likes this.
  3. petmar

petmar Member

Status Points:
    That was my point, for anyone else in Ga with Peach pass to get with them to change the billing description. PeachPass of course said to check with card company, which I already did....buck-passing, to be expected I suppose

4. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Next time get the lady's name, and the supervisors name.

It is good to document name dates and time,

I would let it pass, but them I do not know the amount on the table..