Generic rental car forum

Discussion in 'Beta Feedback [Archive]' started by Grace, Feb 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Grace
    Original Member

Grace Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sometimes I want to post questions about several major companies or rental cars in general. I don't feel that "other rental companies" reflects what I want, nor would an equivalent of TravelBuzz!

I thought that was where FT really lacked, generic questions either had to be posted in a single program, or were randomly posted somewhere else.

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Agreed. Might be a good place for questions like "which program is better, A or B" ... or "which company lets underage minors with drunk driving convictions rent luxury cars" :)

3. TrueBlueFlyer
    Original Member

TrueBlueFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I agree about a generic forum... One question I would post that has little to do with a particular rental car company is: "What if bits start falling off your rental that were beyond your control?" Obviously you are responsible for stuff "breaking" while the car is in your possession, but how do you deal with little stuff like a luggage rack coming loose as a result of one knob coming off (getting lost while driving)... who checks knobs on the roof rack of your rental when you take it off the lot, anyone?

4. Grace
    Original Member

Grace Silver Member

Status Points:
    Or the many "how do i avoid paying for insurance" threads