Generic Chase card question

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by jmhuth, Jul 19, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. jmhuth

jmhuth Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think I made a mistake on my last churn... Checked what credit bureau the cards pulled from, but I didn't check which bank offered the cards... Applied for chase sapphire & continental card. Sapphire approved, continental denied...Should I even bother calling the continental reconsideration line?? Anyone with experience?

2. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Sure, why not?

Do you have any other Chase cards that you would consider closing? Or would you re-allocate credit from an existing Chase card or even your approved Sapphire card?

Do you have excellent credit? Anything else you could use as an argument in your favor?

3. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    (Put a different way, what's the downside to asking?)

4. Million Mile Secrets

Million Mile Secrets Silver Member

Status Points:
    You should absolutely call the reconsideration line! What's the worst that can happen? They say "no," and you're in the same position you are in now. Or you move credit around or cancel a card and get approved for the Continental as well!

I've applied for 2 Chase cards on the same day (1 personal & 1 business), and received an instant approval for one and a denial on the other, but got the denial reversed when I called the reconsideration number.

I suspect that the Chase systems are designed to approve only 1 application at any 1 time, but the credit analysts can overturn the automatic denial.

Audy_KTUH likes this.