General Safety and Security

Discussion in 'Argentina' started by manfromkrypton, Nov 13, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. manfromkrypton
    Original Member

manfromkrypton Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi - I am heading to BA next week, and excited for my first time to South America. I do like to travel a lot, but in the past, I've mainly done Western Europe. As my first time to South America, I was wondering what everyone's thoughts were on general safety and security in BA for a single guy exploring on his own.

Of course I would follow the regular precautions of not carrying large sums of cash, trimming my wallet, not looking too touristy, but wondering if there was anything additional I should be aware of in BA. I do hope to have my nice DSLR camera with me to take photos (I normally keep it in my backpack and only take it out when I need to) - do you think thats fine or a bad idea?

As I mentioned, first time in South America, dont know what to expect, and as a lone traveler, just wondering what the folks on this forum have to say about BA. Thank you in advance for your comments.

uggboy likes this.
  2. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    uggboy likes this.
  3. Flying Machine

Flying Machine Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would enjoy your journey. As you stated in your post you are an aware traveler. With that in mind all will be well based on my Travel to BsAs. Just remember to use the Radio Cabs whenever possible. Have fun and Safe Travels