General mileage business credit card question

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by richinaz, Nov 1, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. richinaz
    Original Member

richinaz Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've never had a business card since I haven't had a business. I just realized that since I set up a LLC for a property I'm renting out I could use that to apply for a business cc. Now my question is:
    Does the card have any effect on my personal credit history (e.g. Number of accounts opened, credit utilization, etc.).

Sorry for the basic question but this is all new to me.
    Thanks
    Rich

alohastephen likes this.
  2. FLYERIL
    Original Member

FLYERIL Silver Member

Status Points:
    In most cases, the business card is not reflected on your personal credit report (other than as an inquiry) unless you miss a payment or default on the account, so it does not affect your credit utilization or number of accounts.

3. NYCAdventurer

NYCAdventurer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was told by by AMEX they don't report business cards on personal credit reports even though they use your SSN to determine eligibility for the subject cc cards.

4. _kurt
    Original Member

_kurt Silver Member

Status Points:
    Same experience as the other posters. I have two business cards, and they do not show up on my credit report at all.

5. Miles
    Original Member

Miles Silver Member

Status Points:
    Since the OP's question has been well answered, here is another question about business credit cards: What protections are they lacking, compared to U.S. consumer credit cards? Is your liability limited to $50 / $500 with biz cards, as it is with consumer cards?

Thank you.