GE interview at Nexus location?

Discussion in 'Travel Security' started by Ed Ip, Jan 28, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Ed Ip

Ed Ip Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi all,

I am in the process of applying for Global Entry and wondering whether NEXUS enrollment center (specifically the one in Niagara Falls, NY) can handle GE interview?

Thanks in advance.

Ed

2. okrogius

okrogius Silver Member

Status Points:
    GE and NEXUS interview locations are different. However, you get GE for free without any additional applications or interviews when you get approved for NEXUS (half price of GE, so unless you're not eligible for entry into Canada, you should apply for this if you're near a NEXUS enrollment location).

3. Ed Ip

Ed Ip Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. I was afraid of that. I am actually closest to IAD (2 hrs drive if you consider that close) but have an upcoming trip to Buffalo so Niagara Falls would be more convenient. Oh well, thanks anyway!

4. Starblazer

Starblazer Active Member

Status Points:
    I did my NEXUS and GE interviews at Sault St Marie mi's checkpoint. No iris scan, that will be for the first time I fly in.

5. PhotoJim

PhotoJim Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you can do your interview at a NEXUS office, apply for NEXUS and save yourself the $50 (and get benefits when entering Canada). Most renewals do not require an interview, if you have no major changes to your situation.

guinnessxyz likes this.
  6. legalalien
    Original Member

legalalien Gold Member

Status Points:
    Niagara Falls seems to be the only location where you can do NEXUS/GE interview on the US side, then cross into Canada and have your iris scan taken in 10 minutes after.

7. davef139

davef139 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had mine done here, you cross into Canada or is there another location in Niagara?

8. Ed Ip

Ed Ip Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've already applied for GE (waiting for conditional approval) and it's free via AMEX Platinum.

Legalalien: So are you saying Niagara Falls can do GE in addition to NEXUS?

9. legalalien
    Original Member

legalalien Gold Member

Status Points:
    There are two locations on each side of the Windsor bridge: one on US side can do NEXUS interview with US and Canadian authorities, while the one on Canadian side can do iris scans. Windsor bridge is open to NEXUS holders only, but during the US interview you can ask for a special pass to go to the other side for the scan.

I am not sure. I know that it administers whatever is needed to get GE with NEXUS (fingerprints?), but I do not know if you can do GE-only interviews there.

10. Ed Ip

Ed Ip Silver Member

Status Points:
    Took awhile to get conditionally approved. The answer to my own question is that the Niagara Falls location CAN do GE interview. Now we don't have to drive up to IAD. :)

legalalien likes this.