chef4u Silver Member

Status Points:
    Any recent experiences there?
    Any good BBQ joints nearby?

2. ACEDAD
    Original Member

ACEDAD Silver Member

Status Points:
    I stayed there a couple of days for a conference a few months ago. It's nice, but similarly set up to the other Gaylord hotels in Nashville, Orlando & Washington. If you can find your way around one of those, you'll be fine here.

And it's Dallas, so almost every BBQ joint is good.

:D

3. RichardInSF
    Original Member

RichardInSF Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is this a luxury hotel? I don/t have experience with this particular hotel but certainly the Gaylord hotel in Nashville isn't.

If you want real Texas-style BBQ, one of the famous names is Sonny Bryan's. Their nearest branch to the Gaylord is at 4030 N. MacArthur, Irving, Texas.

chef4u likes this.
  4. DAS02135
    Original Member

DAS02135 Gold Member

Status Points:
    We had a conference there last year, and I think I had a pulled pork in some form every day. It wasn't The Best, but it certainly satisfied a craving I have trouble satiating in Boston.

The Gaylord Texan is a lot smaller and better laid out than the Gaylord Opryland. While I'm not a fan of any of the hotels because of the ways they find to squeeze excessive amounts of money out of semi-captive audiences (some apparent upfront, others not), this may be my favorite of the three I've been to (Orlando being the other).

RichardInSF likes this.