Gay Passenger Files DOT Complaint Against Saudia — Interesting!

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Apr 29, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    There's no denying that many of the human rights policies/laws in the Middle East are appalling. While I'm of course vehemently opposed to many of these policies, I also know they won't change overnight, and that ultimately these aren't airline policies, but rather government policies based on religion. I have lots of gay friends living happy lives in the Middle East working for Emirates and Etihad. While of course they're not happy about the laws, the reality of living in cities like Dubai is quite different than the "letter of the law," if you will. Of course that's Dubai, which is fairly progressive within the region, especially in comparison to places like Saudi Arabia. Which brings us to an interesting complaint filed by a lesbian against Saudia with the Department of Transportation. While the complaint is 15 pages, it's a quick read, so I'd suggest checking it out. The post Gay Passenger Files DOT Complaint Against Saudia — Interesting! appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...