Gate change record?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by adambadam, Jun 9, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. adambadam
    Original Member

adambadam Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just boarded a super delayed flight that had five gate changes before the inbound aircraft arrived (6 gates total). Can anyone top that?

On the upside at least the delay posted before I left to the airport and I could rearrange my plans. Also appears that the alerts are working pretty well, a silver lining in all this ;)

Attached Files:

2. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Reminds me of the scene from Airplane when they changed the gates during the landing sequence. ;)

NYBanker, MX, Captain Oveur and 2 others like this.
  3. Mapsmith
    Original Member

Mapsmith Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had four in PHX many years ago on America West (now USAir) including one concourse change and then they cancelled the flight.

4. webdes03

webdes03 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Recently, I've found UA alerts to be far more timely and accurate than TripIt.

viguera likes this.
  5. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Reminds me of a time flying National, my first time flying alone with out my parents...boy did that airline suck. But I think we only had 4 gates, so three changes, can't imagine moving amongst six gates!

6. Captain Oveur
    Original Member

Captain Oveur Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's the first thing I thought about too.....

7. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had 3 in LAX, but from the 70s to the 80s, which was quite ridiculous as that's like a mile long walk. :)

8. Lou

Lou Silver Member

Status Points:
    AA in 2004 PHL-ORD. It isn't a large terminal, and text alerts were still fairly new. I was alerted, walked a few gates down. Sat down and was alerted to go back. Meanwhile, everyone else ward the overhead page to go to the second gate. So I was all alone at the original gate, while everyone else was at the gate I had just left.

A third alert and second overhead page cleared things up. We met in the middle at the same time.