Garuda Refund ~

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by DiveGal, Mar 4, 2018.

1. DiveGal

DiveGal New Member

Status Points:
    1 week ago I made reservations for self and spouse online at Garuda. Realized I didn't include middle initial. After much difficulty, was able to contact agent and was advised to cancel reservation, and make new one online. Did so. Credit card charged for both reservations. Was told I would receive refund.

The new reservation appears normally when I checked the website. (The old reservation still appears by Confirmation Number but no itinerary is shown. )

Does anyone have any idea how long it will take to see the refund to my credit card? What would be the best and most direct way to contact Garuda for status? Thx ~ (This has been a very frustrating process.)

2. misman
    Original Member

misman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to IF. You made the reservations 1-week ago, but when did you cancel the reservation? I would suspect that it would be at least a week from the cancellation to show on your card. Heck, there are extended times for getting credit from US airlines; not sure I would expect a foreign carrier to credit any quicker.

3. DiveGal

DiveGal New Member

Status Points:
    Yes, it was a week ago and I cancelled on the same day (an hour after making the reservation). I was just trying to get an idea from someone who had cancelled and how long it took them to get their refund.