Game of Thrones for Airlines

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by TheTravelAbstract, Apr 6, 2012.  |  Print Topic

?

Which House are You?

1. Targaryen (AA)

37.5%
  2. Lannister (UA)

37.5%
  3. Bolton (NK)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Frey (WN)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Tully (US)

6.3%
  6. Tyrell (HA)

6.3%
  7. Martell (B6)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Arryn (F9)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Baratheon (DL)

6.3%
  10. Stark (AS)

6.3%
  1. TheTravelAbstract

TheTravelAbstract Silver Member

Status Points:
    OK. I have a bit of a confession half of the things I know have been taken from the Game of Thrones.

Game of Thrones is just as pivotal in my life as finding MilePoint and being indoctrinated into the Frequent Flyer Community.

What if Tyrion Lannister had to deal with a TSA agent?

Ever wonder which House of Westeros your Airline was...

Find out In the Game of Thrones to US Airline Converter. The Clash of Airlines

2. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    Congrats. One of the most original ideas I've seen in a while and I haven't seen it anywhere else. I was recently racked up a week at home with thisbad flu bug going around and crawled out of bed to watch TV as a deterrent to not feeling well and got into watching the past season episodes of Games and really liked it. So thanks for the connection and the background for each. Really wonderful reading and I shall vote once I leave behind the emotions of the "longest ruling house."

3. FlyingBear
    Original Member

FlyingBear Silver Member

Status Points:
    How the heck do I give a dozen likes?

4. sellthesedownfalls

sellthesedownfalls Silver Member

Status Points:
    Awesome! I love WN, but I hate the Freys (for good reason! Read all the books that are out so far!), so I'm not voting in the poll. ;)

5. FlyingBear
    Original Member

FlyingBear Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think people should vote according to their mileage program and this can be our alternate "airline" universe of who has the power in these forums.

6. TheTravelAbstract

Status Points:
    Thank you, I am glad you enjoyed it. I watched the first season and had to read all of the books.

I thought the frequent flyer community could relate to the Fight for the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros.

I think the Targaryen's have a lot to say before this war is over, don't worry.

Thank you for the compliment and I'm glad you liked it!

It took a lot longer to complete than I am willing to admit to publicly. :D

Thanks. I hate the Frey's as well and felt a bit guilty giving them to WN.

But I tried to stay true to the Game of Thrones for HBO Season 2, I didn't want to give away anything for people who haven't finished books, while extracting the personalities of the Airlines.

7. perryplatypus

perryplatypus Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is great but with all these houses it also sounds like Dune! "He who controls the spice (miles) controls the universe (RTW Ticket)"

TheTravelAbstract likes this.
  8. General_Flyer
    Original Member

General_Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Too bad these are US Airlines, not including other airlines of the world.. :p

9. Extra Pack of Peanuts

Extra Pack of Peanuts Silver Member

Status Points:
    Awesome job! As if my love for frequent flyer miles and Game of Thrones couldn't get any "nerdier"...now you've found a way to fuse the two together!

As for taking longer than you care to admit, I can only imagine. But one of the signs of a good post (or good writing in general) is to make it sound like its said intelligently but somewhat off the hip (even though its nothing of the sort) and you pull that off brilliantly.

I especially enjoy that you don't take the easy way out and just go with the major players but even throw in the Tullys, Freys, and the like. Very, very well done!

As for who I am, I'm gonna go with a choice not on the board and say Bronn. As long as you keep the good deals coming, I'll be loyal (Chase). But if something better comes along or you start messing with a good thing....

10. TheTravelAbstract

Status Points:
    Fair and just criticism.

Maybe mid-season I can expand to the entire world.

I didn't want to have too many spoilers for people who never read the books.

General_Flyer likes this.
  11. hotelsallover

hotelsallover Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wow! I love it. What a clever idea. I think you deserve a Nobel prize.

Maybe one thing thought; you could make it international for us non North Americans?

Anyway, fantastic, creative work op.