G Hotel Beijing 5* - $25/night (booking.com error?)

Discussion in 'Deal Page | Air/Hotel' started by Estratos, Mar 15, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Hi guys!

I've just found a great deal. The #2 hotel in Beijing (according to tripadvisor) - G Hotel is currently priced at unbelievable $25/night. It's one of the best 5* hotels in Beijing, so catch the promo asap. :)

It's probably a www.booking.com error. The normal hotel price is $180/night.

http://tinyurl.com/4frtpzm

I have successfully booked a Great Deluxe Studio room for a week in August. For just $230/2 persons

MrHalliday, yaffa, Chimpy and 3 others like this.
  2. Averroes
    Original Member

Averroes Active Member

Status Points:
    Nice find, thanks! Still available as of 5 minutes ago. Dates through EOY.

Also of note: fully refundable, no deposit, breakfast included.

3. AtomicGardener
    Original Member

AtomicGardener Silver Member

Status Points:
    The dates are very flexible too- ridiculous find.

4. Great find - thanks Estratos! The wife and I are going to be in Beijing twice this summer and I just booked a room on two separate dates for an unbelievable price! Hopefully the reservations stands. In case this is a mistake, please, no-one call and ask questions at the hotel asking if this price is true! Don't ruin this one!

MrHalliday likes this.
  5. I hope that they will do what every Western hotel would do: honour the reservations. Otherwise the #1 business hotel in Beijing would have to deal with hordes of unsatisfied Milepoint and FT members. ;)

6. MrHalliday
    Original Member

MrHalliday Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think it has been closed down ?

7. heramato
    Original Member

heramato Silver Member

Status Points:
  8. Chimpy
    Original Member

Chimpy Gold Member

Status Points:
    A shame I did not notice it earlier, I would of made a trip just for the Hotel price. Of course it would of been an award flight to go with it.:).

Kaanapali, JALPak and Horse like this.
  9. I have traveled through China on several occasions and have had difficulties with internet bookings, so I am a little worried that we will get to the hotel and the price won't be honored. We'll see, I guess. If I don't hear anything sooner I'll post a report after our first trip in early May.

10. calvinoeh
    Original Member

calvinoeh Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Looks like there are going to honor the rate: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopi..._too_good_to_be_true_at_25_night-Beijing.html

HOTEL G BEIJING : GM RESPONSE

Dear valued guest,

On Tuesday 15th of March 2011 from 1am to 9am Beijing time, there was a setback in the central processing unit of one of Hotel G Beijing’s 3rd party partners causing a rate discrepancy between the Hotel’s actual room rates and the ones appearing on an affiliated booking engine.

Despite the financial loss caused by this system failure and in line with our service commitments, Hotel G Beijing will honor all the bookings made during the faulty time on the condition that the guest name matches the reservation details submitted at the time of booking.

We have reviewed in depth our computing network and taken the necessary actions to avoid such malfunction in the future.

The Hotel G team and I look forward in welcoming you soon.

With very best regards,

Olivier Trinquand

Hotel G Beijing General Manager

akide, PAinNY and MrHalliday like this.