Future Travel Plans

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by Alfred Colognhe, Dec 1, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Where is everyone going next year????

iolaire likes this.
  2. timfrost

timfrost Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hawaii (Kona) in January. Possibly Melbourne in February. New York in March to try out the new AA 321 transcontinental. About 10 trips LAX-SFO to visit my family... I have one unspoken for vacation week. Possibly Mexico. And where ever else the wind blows and my budget supports.... :)

iolaire likes this.
  3. Tad's Broiled Steaks

Tad's Broiled Steaks Silver Member

Status Points:
    Nowhere, because DL won't have any of it. There should be an option to redeem miles to hire competent IT staff, because that website is, as is widely known in these parts, horrendous.

viguera and iolaire like this.
  4. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Trips that I know of: New York, Scotland, Birmingham & London, London & Paris, London again, Melbourne, and anything else my time and budget can wiggle in! I'm excited about the Melbourne trip since that will net over 20k EQMs (Is it sad that the higher the EQMs, the more I get excited about a trip? :rolleyes:)

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
    iolaire likes this.
  5. gaijin62

gaijin62 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Frankfurt, Bangkok, Los Angeles and San Diego...that I know of.

iolaire likes this.
  6. cc1972

cc1972 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Spain (Barcelona and Madrid), Portugal (Lisbon), Taiwan (Taipei) for sure. In the "maybe" section, I have another trip to Taipei but this time with my kids. Then, maybe Hong Kong, Singapore, Tokyo and Sapporo... maybe!

iolaire likes this.
  7. Mirror74

Mirror74 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am Europe based... going to SriLanka (and off in EK F to Kuala Lumpur, Dubai, and BA F to LHR and SFO) in January, Minneapolis and ND/SD in March, Edinburgh and Scotland in June; Japan (Tokyo, Osaka and Kyoto), Canada (Montreal) and US (Arizona) in July and August, and Prague in September... for now...

iolaire likes this.
  8. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Remember that MN/ND/SD can be cold and snowy in March.

iolaire and Mirror74 like this.
  9. Mirror74

Mirror74 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes... fully aware of that... thats why my travel in planned in last week of March and first week of April... lets hope that winter will be gone by then...

10. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    You're being very optimistic. If you're driving, expect some roads in the Dakotas to still be closed for the winter.

11. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    2013 was busy with domestic trips. 2014 is all about two premium travel trips to burn points prior to any possible devaluation (at least until my wife gets her SW companion pass). We have JFK -> SIN in CX First, then on the Austin Do via SIN - DME - IAH - AUS in SQ First (and a UA turboprop or something small)! Later in the year we will do a Safari in South Africa on Business Qatar flights + internal SA BA flights - via AA distance based awards. After the US/AA merger I'll probably try to do another distance based award.

12. LAM

LAM Silver Member

Status Points:
    Berlin, Prague and Munich in February, most likely San Francisco for my bday in May, the Outer Banks of NC with extended family in June and a slight possibility of Sarajevo and another Europe stop (possibly Venice) in October. A friend just moved to Sarajevo and I am trying to figure out how to get there easily and cheaply.

iolaire likes this.
  13. jgreen

jgreen New Member

Status Points:
    Nothing set in stone but hoping to get to Denmark to visit friends and i'm dying to go to croatia!

14. moongoddess

moongoddess Silver Member

Status Points:
    Knock on wood, spring of 2014 will see me in Chile on a 10-day long astronlmy-focused tour, followed by a road trip in the summer to the Nebraska Star party, and in the fall a three week tour of Italy.

So many destinations I'd like to see, and so little vacation time in which to see them...