Furthest out flight booking engine?

Discussion in 'Mileage Runs/Travel Hacking' started by bhatnasx, Mar 11, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. bhatnasx
    Original Member

bhatnasx Silver Member

Status Points:
    Does anyone know of any travel sites that allow you to book airfare more than 340ish days out?

I've got a good fare that I found on ITA that seems to be valid for February - but every search engine I can find (except ITA, of course) is only offering bookings through February 4 or 5 at the lastest. I want to experiment with booking Feb 17-22.

It's an international fare & the company's own website is only allowing bookings 340 days out.

It's a super low base fare which I want to try to FD. I'm thinking the only reason it's available in February is because the airline hasn't looked that far as far as having this booking class zeroed out & when their season rolls, I'm guessing it would zero out.

So, long story shortened - any ideas on fare engines that let you book multi-city routings more than 340 days out?

Carrier is LX if that makes any difference...

Thanks!

jbcarioca likes this.
  2. catgirl
    Original Member

catgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you find one, let me know. I am anxious to start looking at vacation options with one of my BFFs for next year. We have lots of ideas, we just need to start planning them out. It's hard to come up with options without being able to look at air, lol.

3. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I doubt it since the booking engines get fare data from airlines, and airlines do not generally publish flight routes/flight numbers that far in advance. The travel sites dont have the data because the airlines themselves do not have it. You can test the theory by calling the airline directly and ask them.

4. catgirl
    Original Member

catgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I understand that. I was hoping in theory something existed. [​IMG]

5. bhatnasx
    Original Member

bhatnasx Silver Member

Status Points:
    ok - well in that case, if anyone else finds anything, I was looking at an LX e-class JFK-DUB fare. ITA had schedules/flights/times come up after the 340-day window - but no one else does. It's $118++ fare.

jbcarioca likes this.
  6. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    that ITA fare is not completely real. Wait til you factor in taxes, landing fees, etc. Did you see a breakdown of the fare code?

jbcarioca likes this.
  7. bhatnasx
    Original Member

bhatnasx Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes - it was $59 each way plus $400 YQ + standard taxes (so about $660 ai) - fare was listed on EF. There's no e-class availability on this route (according to ITA) until after the 340 day mark. Trying to find a further-out booking engine to play around with the YQ on it.

jbcarioca likes this.