Funny travel complaints...

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by sobore, Sep 5, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.news24.com/Travel/International/Funny-travel-complaints-20130827

We travel for various reasons, it may be that you just want to explore a certain country or culture. Sometimes we travel for work or as part of our studies but whatever the reason for travel there is always one common factor - having fun.

Having fun during our travelling means capturing and keeping these memories alive but we hardly ever expect to get disappointed with a hotel room or food at the restaurant.

Travel review website and agencies can help a great deal when planning a holiday and avoiding the pitfalls - but we've found a few that are simply hilarious and takes complaining to a totally new level. Take a look at these 15 funny excerpts from various travel reviews found across the web.

1. "We had to queue outside with no air conditioning."

2. "There are too many Spanish people. The receptionist speaks Spanish. The food is Spanish. Too many foreigners now live abroad."

3. "I compared the size of our one-bedroom apartment to our friends' three-bedroom apartment and ours was significantly smaller."

4. "It took us nine hours to fly home from Jamaica to England it only took the Americans three hours to get home."

Read More: http://www.news24.com/Travel/International/Funny-travel-complaints-20130827

2. Mirror74

Mirror74 Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is a good one :D those damn Jamaicans, they didnt need to fly at all to get home... :p

free101girl and Mapsmith like this.
  3. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    Too many foreigners live abroad. /headdesk/

4. afakhori

afakhori Silver Member

Status Points:
    My favorite: "The beach was too sandy"

anileze and mirohacek like this.
  5. clscholes

clscholes Silver Member

Status Points:
    Heard this summer in Africa..."I didn't realize the desert was so hot!" #facepalm

anileze and mirohacek like this.
  6. LETTERBOY
    Original Member

LETTERBOY Gold Member

Status Points:
    "You can't fix stupid." - Ron White

anileze and Mike Reed like this.
  7. StevenGerrard

StevenGerrard Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is a good on lolzzzzzzzz

anileze and Mike Reed like this.
  8. moongoddess

moongoddess Silver Member

Status Points:
    Who'd ever have guessed that Spain would be full of Spanish people speaking Spanish? What a horrible surprise for a poor, innocent visitor to discover! *rolls eyes*

Some people shouldn't be allowed out in public without a minder. How do these folks get through everyday life, never mind exotic vacations?

anileze and LETTERBOY like this.
  9. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:

Less than half of Americans have passports. Fewer travel internationally outside of Mexico/Canada/Caribbean destinations.

anileze likes this.
  10. moongoddess

moongoddess Silver Member

Status Points:
    True, but I got the impression from looking at the quotes that most of the quoted posters were British. I think the one I was making fun of probably came from a British tourist visiting one of those Spanish oceanside holiday resorts which have become so popular with Brits seeking some fun in the sun. So to me it comes across like an American visiting Cancun being boggled that in Mexico people speak Spanish - you'd think it would be common knowledge. But of course you're right, "common knowledge" isn't!

And I laugh confident in the knowledge that no doubt there are folks laughing at me when I make dumb tourist comments or mistakes. And like that tourist, I no doubt have it coming! Travel is fun, but is can also be awfully humbling. :D

anileze likes this.
  11. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:

Exactly. Planning a RTW trip, one of the items needed is a good site for cultural practices/taboos. There are several out there, I'll just have to find the one I trust most. Don't want to offend someone inadvertently... and don't want to be the "Don't y'all speak english?" guy.

anileze likes this.
  12. anileze

anileze Gold Member

Status Points:

Yup, and most are on packaged charters.