Fun story about BoA/BoH

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by Efilon87, Jan 5, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Efilon87

Efilon87 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I applied for both BoA and BoH visa signature cards for Hawaiian Airlines. I called on Monday to get the BofA app approved for the VisaSignature card. The rep, Henry, asked me about my student loans and my degree and my work, normal questions. Henry was able to approve me for the visa sig card. Right after getting approved, I applied for the BoH visa sig card. Called FIA later that day and Alyssa informed me that I was approved for the platinum card (the old bait and switch tactic). Told her that I didn't like the Platinum benefits and that I would like to be approved for the visa sig card, the card I applied for. She told me she would put the request in, and that I should call back on Thursday to see the status. Well I called back Thursday and got Henry again, he remembered me and my degree and employment and how I am dealing with my student loans. He thought it was strange that I wasn't approved for a second visa sig card. He saw Alyssa's note on my app (he told me her desk is right next to his), he approved me for the visa sig card.

What a small world.

2. servo

servo Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's the same call center for both, as I had one person do both card approvals after asking me if I was intending to apply for both at the same time. The lady chastised me about the fact that I had a lot of closed accounts on my report, but approved me for $7,500 on both nonetheless.

Although I will say it's strange that you got a rep right next to the prior rep (although you never really know when you call most places who sits next to whom, unless they are friendly and chatty). The call center I worked for maybe had a 140 reps working at any particular time, so the chances were pretty decent that you'd come close to the rep you spoke with on a prior call. I can't tell you how many times I heard "Mary (or another name) hung up on me, so I called back and got you" when I was a rep. Then I became their supervisor....lol.

3. Efilon87

Efilon87 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well this story just got better, I guess in a bad way. So I was told I was approved for both Visa Sig cards last week. Got a letter in the mail today telling me that my BoH card had been denied. A few days before I got a letter saying that I had been approved. So I called in. And they bait and switched me AGAIN. Spent too much time on the phone only to have them say sorry for the misinformation from before, but you were never actually approved for the Visa Sig card but you are approved for the platinum card. What a let down...Is there anything I can do? They must have those phone calls recorded. Any advice?