Fun Experiment

Discussion in 'Mileage Runs/Travel Hacking' started by zshanlon, May 3, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. zshanlon

zshanlon Silver Member

Status Points:
    Im headed to AGS from RDU on May 15th. I can leave the day before but I need to be in AGS by lunch on 15th. What kind of DL MR can you come up with?

2. supersonic88

supersonic88 New Member

Status Points:
    Good luck with this experiment mate!

3. dailycavalier

dailycavalier Active Member

Status Points:
    Are you looking to change your current itinerary? Or book an additional itinerary? Also, what is your fare basis (booking class) and what are any connection options you have?

Looking at flight availability and fare information on ExpertFlyer, I only see ATL as a valid connection and that nets you the 1000 minimum MQMs for RDU-ATL-AGS. Most of the other east coast Delta hubs don't help much for more MQMs. If you could somehow fly RDU-MSP-AGS, that would get you 1976 MQMs.

zshanlon likes this.
  4. mrredskin
    Original Member

mrredskin Gold Member

Status Points:
    have you tried anything, yourself, yet??

5. zshanlon

zshanlon Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes. I am looking but I have to book via my company booking tool so I have limited ability to search since returned flights are based on price not airline. I have to find the best route I want then search with specific enough inputs to make this flight return.

I was just trying to co-opt some help finding affordable creative routes.

6. mrredskin
    Original Member

mrredskin Gold Member

Status Points:
    depending on how often you fly, you might want to give expertflyer a try. the several day free trial would work well for you. you can get fare rules very easily this way. this way, you could know what would be allowed on the fare you're searching for, as well.

it just helps knowing what all you have tried thus far. not sure what your company booking tool is like, either, so that adds a degree of difficulty from the 3rd party's aspect