Fullerton Marriott $97 including breakfast on LA Groupon

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by Jenny & Curt, Apr 24, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    DeltaExpert and Wurm like this.
  2. Wurm
    Original Member

Wurm Silver Member

Status Points:
    Good deal, especially if traveling with family. Also, my guess is that the Groupon special won't earn points or stay credit:

3. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    Deals like this seldom do, but it's worth throwing into the paid vs award vs great deal calculation that we all do with each stay. (Or at least those of us traveling on our own nickel!)

Wurm likes this.
  4. Wurm
    Original Member

Wurm Silver Member

Status Points:
    'm one of those at least 80% of the time, so I know of what you speak. :D Your advice to think through all of the ramifications is very good, and I hope that it is well-heeded. *

In my case, for my last hotel stay last week, and for my upcoming stay in two days, I looked at all factors. For the previous, I looked at the high prices and ended up booking a reward stay. For the next one, I found a good eligible rate and booked that one, helping me on my quest to the next elite tier.

* I noticed while searching on Google for another subject that milepoint threads are beginning to come up (and fairly high in the list), so I think we're going to be getting some newer and potentially less-experienced visitors.

5. DeltaExpert
    Original Member

DeltaExpert Gold Member

Status Points: