FTU Alumni Round Table - Atlanta (May 1st - 3rd)

Discussion in 'Frequent Traveler University' started by jpersonette11, Apr 24, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. jpersonette11

jpersonette11 Active Member

Status Points:
    We may have 2 tickets available for this upcoming brand new FTU event.

You must have attended one FTU previously to attend, as this is a very small and intimate group. It is capped to 70 participants. Focused around the round table theme and sitting one on one with these experts.

We had something happen this past weekend that now makes next weekend not as easy. Still able to make it, but another weekend would work better.

Tickets are $299 each (exactly as listed)
    With a $25 Name transfer fee for each ticket

Let us know if you are interested. Easier to sell as a pair, but open to transfer one to different people. We will handle the transfer process for you, and will reach out immediately to Melinda. Payment can be made via paypal.

I am guessing this FTU will become the most sought after event people will want. I will plan to attend another one soon.

Thanks - JP

_______________________________________________________________________________

Details Below:
    You have spoken, and we have listened. You want the best access to experts, in-depth conversations, and chance to network with the most experienced fellow travelers. You have already attended Frequent Travel University, but you want more.

We are excited to introduced FTU Alumni Round Table, an event at the Hyatt Midtown Atlanta from May 1st to May 3rd, exclusively for former FTU attendees, capped at just over 70 participants and where every hour is an opportunity to network and mingle with experts on travel, miles and points.

At FTU Alumni Round Table, there are no classrooms, and no crowds. Just six expert speakers and as many round tables with 12 attendees. It’s about direct connections and unique opportunities.

You have spoken, and we have listened. You want the best access to experts, in-depth conversations, and chance to network with the most experienced fellow travelers. You have already attended Frequent Travel University, but you want more.

We are excited to introduced FTU Alumni Round Table, an event at the Hyatt Midtown Atlanta exclusively for former FTU attendees, capped at just over 70 participants and where every hour is an opportunity to network and mingle with experts on travel, miles and points.

At FTU Alumni Round Table, there are no classrooms, and no crowds. Just six expert speakers and as many round tables with 12 attendees. It’s about direct connections and unique opportunities.

Confirmed Experts

— Ben Schlappig, One Mile at a Time
    — Greg Davis-Kean, Frequent Miler
    — Scott Mackenzie, Travel Codex

A full schedule will be published soon, but here’s what you can look forward to:

Friday, May 1st– An intimate cocktail reception from 6:30pm to 8pm and a chance to mingle with the experts and fellow attendees.

Saturday, May 2nd
    — Full breakfast for attendees staying at the hotel
    — Round table discussions with the experts from 9am to 12:30pm
    — Plated lunch
    — Round table discussions from 1:30pm to 5pm
    — Optional dinner at Fork & Juniper

Sunday, May 3rd
    — Educational buffet brunch with sparkling wine with the experts
    — The event concludes at 12:30pm
    — Facilities remain available until 3pm for follow-up conversations and networking

The $299 admission fee includes all meals and access to all sessions.

Our partner hotel, the Hyatt Midtown Atlanta, has rooms available for all attendees at a special $150 rate. Book your room now!

We’re also hosting an optional dinner on Saturday night at the hotels well known restaurant, Fork & Juniper. They’re welcoming us with a 3 course meal priced at 55 USD. Reserve a seat now!

Sign up now to reserve your spot! We expect FTU Alumni Round Table to be hugely popular and the event is strictly capped to 72 participants.

iolaire likes this.
  2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is this event sold out?

3. cova

cova Gold Member

Status Points:
    Never saw this announced? Was this an email to past attendees?
    Was this pre-announced to Premium Members in advance - like other FTUs?

I am attending Freddie Awards, but no notification of such an event. Departing on Friday from ATL.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  4. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I received an email. I'm not a Premium Member. It's been on the FTU website, although until recently there was another Atlanta event on the FTU website too.

5. cova

cova Gold Member

Status Points:
    to
    Only email I received was the pre-announcement of the DCA (Aug 2015) and DFW (Sept 2015) advanced FTUs upcoming. They are on the FTU site. I am registered for one of them (in advance). Not sure if sold out but the "Registration" button no longer works. But neither of these have been posted above.

I am attending Freddies and I had read that there was not going to be a FTU after ALT Freddies - like other Freddies. If I had known I might have stayed. We have a group from DCA coming to the Freddies and none of us knew about the FTU weekend. Oh well.

PS - the email went out March 17th at 1pm, and it turns out my service provider (att) lost all my email for a 20 hour people which was at this time.

6. alfagirl

alfagirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I received an email about this at least a few weeks ago. As of the Dallas FTU, I was told it was NOT sold-out. It might just be past the deadline to register.

7. cova

cova Gold Member

Status Points:
    FTU DFW is not until Sept 2015.

Maybe I am not going through the process properly.

But after search on Atlanta - it does look like you could register for the round table.

Not sure if I want to change my flight - but it is a WN flight.

8. alfagirl

alfagirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    No, I meant the Dallas FTU that we just attended Apr. 17 w/e. Sitting at the registration desk, it came up that the FTU Alumni Roundtable was not sold out.

9. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    It still seems to be possible to register for the Roundtable (subject to them verifying that you've attended a previous FTU event), but you need to know how to find it. Previously searching by location for Atlanta worked although searching by date (such as within the next month) on the FTU website did not. Now when the search says "no results", look to the list at the left and check about the fourth box for roundtable.

The registration looks like just a request for information by email, but it seems to still allow people to register.

I ws surprised that no sub forum appeared here for the Atlanta events, but suspected that there was some reason the powers that be didn't want to do this so I decided not to post it myself.

10. cova

cova Gold Member

Status Points:
    Also, for some reason, neither of the upcoming FTU Advanced have a posting either on Milepoint - FTU DCA in Aug, and FTU DFW in Sept. And it has been a few weeks now since I registered.

11. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Strange, but were previous FTU event threads and subfora started by FTU organizers?

ADDED: Now they do, threads here started by rehoult, but not yet separate subfora.

12. joeymello

joeymello Active Member

Status Points:
    I went to FTU roundtable and it was an intimate event. I'd go again. All the roundtables occurred on Saturday and the level of discussion really depended on the energy/knowledge of the table you were part of. If you go with friends, it may be best to separate and be in different tables during the discussions so you can share with each other everything you learned later that day.