FTU Advanced: Chicago Sept 26-28, [SOLD OUT]

Discussion in 'Chicago | July 18-20/Sep 26-28 [advanced sessions]' started by tommy777, Apr 15, 2014.

1. gomike
    Original Member

gomike Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sounds like it is going to be very quiet there tonight.

Travelsavant likes this.
  2. 15A
    Original Member

15A Silver Member

Status Points:
    Cancelled out of LGA, but rebooked for tonight. How late is cocktail hour? Now scheduled to arrive ORD 7:36p (supposedly - since my flight is also coming from ORD, who knows...)

Travelsavant likes this.
  3. Travelsavant
    Original Member

Travelsavant Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well, my flight out of SFO-ORD was one of those cxld & AA could not get me into ORD without taking a 11 pm flt to CLT, long layover & into ORD around 2 pm Sat. I said thanks but no can do; I'm getting a refund & hope the FTU organizers will allow me credit towards another seminar. A little ticked at AA at the moment; I got a 6:25 am heads-up from Susan but when I called AA they said my 10:10 am flight was leaving on time. "Really? The plane is still grounded in Chicago, so are you sure: YES!" Well by the time they got around to cxl it, took me 40 minutes on ExP hold & by then all alternate flights that would get me into ORD tonight, were fully booked. Very disappointed as was really looking forward to this & meeting up with old friends. Grrrrr. Hope others have better luck!

Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
  4. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am at LGA also. Are you on AA or UA? AA has seats (albeit middles) on the 1310 flight (AA335). Got a seat on that after starting my trek in JFK and moving over to LGA (only to have that flight cancelled too). The benefit of 335 is the plane is at the airport.

May miss this evenings festivities as I was going to visit an old friend, so I will get my share of drinks at the Centurion Lounge (hey, when life gives you lemon......add vodka! :) )

5. bigtex1

bigtex1 Active Member

Status Points:
    Cancelled out of DFW with no other options besides arriving late Saturday evening. Also hoping organizers give us the option of either 1) refund for FTU Chicago or 2) access and credit towards FTU San Diego. Soooo bummed, this must be what it feels like if you're a kid whose trip to Disney is inexplicably cancelled as you're stepping onto the jetbridge. Just....gah.

Travelsavant likes this.
  6. Tracy T.

Tracy T. Silver Member

Status Points:
    Got rebooked DCA-RDU-ORD. First time I've ever connected at a non-hub. We'll see how this goes. Hopefully ATC is back up this afternoon. I've not a huge fan of the AA/US merger, but having the AA and US agents sitting next to each other at the AAdmiral's Club desk really helped me out today. The AAgents at DCA's B Club are consistently good at their jobs. Been really impressed with them over the last year of flying.

7. cliburn
    Original Member

cliburn Gold Member

Status Points:
    My 11:10 am departure has now become an 8:40 pm departure.... guess I am lucky... see everyone (late) tonite.

Travelsavant likes this.
  8. EyeOnTheSkies

EyeOnTheSkies Silver Member

Status Points:
    If anyone can't make it, message me, got stuck here thanks to the flight snafu, so guess I might as well attend ;)

Travelsavant likes this.
  9. cova

cova Gold Member

Status Points:
    Flight cancelled but was able to get on one an hour later. Better chance to get on a flight if you are not connecting, as connecting passengers 2nd flight may be cancelled. My view is best to come to the airport now to get rebooked. If you call you may not get something as soon.

Travelsavant likes this.
  10. AnthroFlyer
    Original Member

AnthroFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    My flight out was canceled and it doesn't look like I can make it in before Saturday afternoon so Im not going. PM me if you would like my ticket.

aptraveler and Travelsavant like this.
  11. 15A
    Original Member

15A Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm on UA but hadn't made it out to LGA yet. Checking flights regularly as this will clearly be in flux all day. What a way to start!

Travelsavant likes this.
  12. glocklt4

glocklt4 Active Member

Status Points:
    I think AA is doing this on purpose to keep us from scheming against them! ;)

Travelsavant and brucewil like this.
  13. toomanybooks

toomanybooks Silver Member

Status Points:
    Heard that MDW is shut down until 7 pm. Or maybe just WN, but that's pretty much the same.

News says FAA facility may be affected for several days.

Travelsavant likes this.
  14. cova

cova Gold Member

Status Points:
    Maybe the cocktail party tonight can be exxxxxxtended a little

Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
    Travelsavant likes this.
  15. Tracy T.

Tracy T. Silver Member

Status Points:
    No, I'm at the RDU AC now. (Didn't even know there was one here.) Got out of DC a little before noon. If MaryAnn is still at the desk tell her I said hi. ;)
    Hope to see you tonight!

Travelsavant likes this.
  16. cova

cova Gold Member

Status Points:
    Looks like you are delayed into ORD a little - I get in at 4:10 - and will likely get delayed - so maybe see you at the Hotel Shuttle Bus station.

RDU used to be an AA hub. They still have an RDU-LHR flight.

Travelsavant likes this.
  17. bigtex1

bigtex1 Active Member

Status Points:
    Diligence pays off. Now have a UA award DFW-ORD departing before 6am tomorrow morning, arriving 8:15am just in time to slide in before the sessions start at 9am! Booya.

18. NYCVSFlyer

NYCVSFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm in the LGA Centurion Lounge now. My 4:15 AA flight was cancelled. Moved to the 5:10 flight and standing by on the 2:25 flight, which is now delayed to 4:30. Anyone else here? Hope to see everyone tonight. In Chicago, not LGA. ;)

Travelsavant likes this.
  19. cliburn
    Original Member

cliburn Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well my 8:40 pm was cancelled... AA can't get me to ORD until 7:37 pm tomorrow..... So I won't be coming. Anyone who can use my ticket can have it. I knew I should have signed up for the SAN seminar....

Travelsavant likes this.
  20. NYCVSFlyer

NYCVSFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Lesson learned. I'll definitely head to Advanced FTU SAN a day or two early.

21. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    At Centurion, waiting for AA335.
    Between the bar and food area, in a row of tables (4 sets of 2 tables) seated in the one closest to the window. There are 3 of us here.

22. ParanoiaTX
    Original Member

ParanoiaTX Gold Member

Status Points:
    Stuck in AUS. Rolling delays...now we have a 3:23p wheels-up. Can we get everyone boarded in time?

Maybe there's a chance of getting in one HH drink?

23. Tracy T.

Tracy T. Silver Member

Status Points:
    Finally boarded a flight to ORD! This is looking promising...

24. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    Folks,

I'm sorry folks are having so much problems.

I'm working with the hotel and was trying to move the cocktail hour till tomorrow. The problem is scheduling staff and also the folks staffed for tonight. Also, there's plenty of other groups here this weekend.

If you're not able to make it, please contact us immediately, melinda@ftef.net and we'll give a discount for a future event if your travel prevents you from coming.

Also, we will not be charging for any change fees for this weekend if you can find someone to take our ticket. You still have to transfer the ticket per the procedures, but it will be free.

Cheers

-Tommy and the team

Travelsavant and brucewil like this.
  25. toomanybooks

toomanybooks Silver Member

Status Points:
    Can you advise ASAP about the cocktail party? I was planning to head out there by train in about 45 minutes. Thanks.

Travelsavant likes this.