FS Crabtree Valley, Raleigh: Review

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by sophiegirl, Mar 19, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. sophiegirl
    Original Member

sophiegirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    2 night weekend stay using EEO cert. cert accepted at check-in, no issue, FD discussed with manager how to code properly so that 2nd night will be $0...so might be one of the few times posts correctly.

Gold and Plats get free brekkie on the weekend...WOW.

Rooms are the Gold/red motif, slightly starting to show their age, but not too bad. This is an OLD property, but is very well maintained. More that the rooms are smallish and the baths are tiny. Halls are narrow, but very well lit, and the place is pretty well soundproofed...very quiet although there were quite a few events in the hotel.
    FD also said they they try to keep wedding parties, etc together on the same floors, which I wish more hotels would pay attention to.

This is always funny to me...ONE robe, ONE bottle of water. No frig, normal coffee set up with those horrid little plastic tray/bags.

One of the nicest breakfast buffets I have seen in a long time. Some different offerings...cheese blintzes, baked apples...at the omlette/waffle station, lots of toppings - and the waffle even had an M in the center! Host also had everything quite organized...he asked for your room number, and checked it against a list to see if your breakfast was free, told your waitress if it was...no fuss, no keeping track of coupons...etc.

UPDATE: wanted to leave a compliment about the brekkie, and was told the hotel no longer has comment cards; which I thought odd...but just wrote on a piece of paper. Also found out that this was a corporate Marriott...which I did not know.

For years I have read/heard less than stellar reviews about this property. i did not find it so - a little bit of an odd lay-out perhaps, but staff was friendly, they take EEO 's, and give G/P free brekkie. It's all good as far as I am concerned!

2. Travel2Food
    Original Member

Travel2Food Silver Member

Status Points:
    Glad you had a good stay. It's been a number of years, but my stay was so bad I will not go back. Too many other choices around.

3. sophiegirl
    Original Member

sophiegirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had the same experience - but price + brekkie + eeo encouraged me to give it another try. (ex: the Ren N Hills was $200+ more with no breakfast...) I am glad I did, completely positive stay, and I would go back. BUT - I have a situation like yours with a FS in FLA.....until I know that GM is no longer there, I will never set foot in the property again.