Frustrated with ba

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by joesmoe, Nov 17, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. joesmoe
    Original Member

joesmoe Gold Member

Status Points:
    They audited my account, started by removing all my miles, they dad that on the last day to book under the new award chart. They unfroze it today and put my miles back, but now I've got an outbound to south America booked but no return!

2. daemon14

daemon14 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wow, that does seem unfair. Was there any reason for them to conduct an audit? I imagine that if you had a large number of mileage redemptions at once, that may trigger it, but it seems that a lot of people did that this past week (have seen so many posts of "unloaded 300K BA miles" and "closed out half a million miles before new award chart" and the like).

I'm also with a S. America outbound but no inbound just because I can't figure out my dates. Seems I'll have to use a mixture of BA/AA miles to get back home since BA wants 60K J one-way from SCL to LAX! Highway robbery if you ask me, considering it's similar distance to LAX-LHR which is 50K J one-way.

3. joesmoe
    Original Member

joesmoe Gold Member

Status Points:
    They wouldn't tell me anything!

I wanted to buy 3 or 4 more tickets too!

4. ossipago

ossipago Silver Member

Status Points:
    That really sucks, sorry! Maybe a few calls to executives and a note to some travel magazines might get you some relief?