Frontier Airlines Card and Suntrust Sky Mile Debit Card

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by JWP4MU, Feb 14, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. JWP4MU

JWP4MU New Member

Status Points:
    I have both a Frontier Airlines Credit Card and recently moved my banking over to Suntrust to get the Sky Mile Debit Card.

I was curious if anyone could help me think of a way to purchase everything on the Frontier Credit Card to get the miles from them, but then pay the Credit Card with my Debit Card from Suntrust to get the Sky Miles as well.

I am new here but thought maybe somebody might being doing this or have an idea of how to do this to make it work.

Thanks.

2. Ed Chandler
    Original Member

Ed Chandler Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm willing to bet that searching this forum for things like "bill pay" will not only answer your question, but also tune you in to other opportunities as you go.

3. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't think this is possible. Even if there's an option for the autopay the funds are usually drawn directly from your bank account bypassing the plastic.

4. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    If he pays his credit card bill with a debit card he should be OK. (If you can pay the bill with a debit card!!) I also have 2 SunTrust Delta SkyMiles MC debit cards and I believe they also credit miles to debit card/PIN transactions. (In other words, not a direct account debit, but a debit card transaction.)

5. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    I never knew it's possible to pay a CC with a DC, period.

6. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Get a Bluebird card and buy vanilla cards with the Frontier credit card.

Cash out the vanillas into your Suntrust account somehow -- plenty of options for that.

Buy vanilla cards with the Suntrust card, then load that into the Bluebird and pay the Frontier bill.

I'm sure there are quite a few ways, it all depends on how much your overhead is gonna be from buying reload cards.

foxberg likes this.
  7. JWP4MU

JWP4MU New Member

Status Points:
    I got a response back from the issuer of the Frontier card and they were like yes you can pay with a debit card you just have to give us your routing and account number to do an ACH. SO that would not be paying with you debit card... Lol love CC customer service.

I did some research today and think I will try doing the following:

Make purchases and pay my bills on the Frontier Credit Card up to 3K per month. (Max that I want to use of credit limit at one time)

Sign up for a Blue Bird Card from Amex and Use that to pay the Frontier Card off each month.

Use my SunTrust Delta Sky Miles Debit Card to transfer money to Blue Bird to cover the cost of the Frontier Monthly Payment.

For the Blue Bird I thought I read that you can do $1000 monthly directly from your Debit Card, 10 days at $100 and then I can do a swipe reload at Walmart for the max $1K per day to cover the rest.

Then I would just use the SunTrust Debit Card to cover the rest of my purchases and stuff for the month and earn just Sky Miles for that.

Does that sound like a workable plan?

Thoughts, Suggestions are appreciated. I would like to try to avoid do the vanilla reload if at all possible as I am new to all of this and getting my feet wet in mileage programs.

Thanks for any adciec of suggestions.

8. JWP4MU

JWP4MU New Member

Status Points:
    I guess if I am missing something with the Vanilla reload please let me know I am still kind of confused with everything and getting all of this working.

My goal is to ideally earn both Frontier Miles and Sky Miles for everything I purchase and spend in bills per month.

9. Ed Chandler
    Original Member

Ed Chandler Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's a viable plan and, indeed, does away with the need for VRs.