Frommer's picks top 10 airport restaurants

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by sobore, Mar 1, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/travel/2011-03-01-businesstravel01_ST_N.htm

It once was a toss-up at the bottom of the food chain: airline food or airport food?
    Times have changed. Some airlines are offering nutritious items in the air, and airports are increasingly featuring local restaurants with high-quality, healthy food.
    "Airports are trying to improve the experience for travelers, and part of that is bringing in restaurants serving fresher, local foods," says Rick Lundstrom, editor in chief of PAX International, a trade magazine that covers airport dining trends. "Airports want to create an atmosphere of the city they're in and make the airport more of a destination for shoppers and diners."

Bob Smolinsky likes this.
  2. Bob Smolinsky
    Original Member

Bob Smolinsky Gold Member

Status Points:
    Can't disagree food is much better now a days, but this line "Airports want to create an atmosphere of the city they're in and make the airport more of a destination for shoppers and diners." supports my own thoughts that airports are just becoming like short term shopping malls lately...whcih again, OK by me, I just get the same feeling lately.

sobore likes this.