From Zero To Gold In 7 Hours – Status Matching For oneworld Sapphire

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Mar 22, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    The other day, a great post by Scott over at Travel Codex reminded me about the opportunity to match my elite status to airberlin. Thanks to the generous status match terms, this gave me the opportunity to match a different status match to airberlin’s Gold status. That gives oneworld Sapphire status which allows for the use of lounges around the oneworld network – even when traveling in economy. With many people closing out their Citi AAdvantage Executive cards from a year ago, people will again not have status to the AA Admiral’s Clubs, at least not without having such a membership. Having oneworld Sapphire status (mid-tier status on oneworld airlines) allows you to again get access to the Admiral Clubs while traveling on domestic tickets in economy, or anywhere else in the world as well. Being able to gain that status with a simple e-mail is fantastic! From Zero to Gold in 7 Hours Gary at View From the Wing had a great writeup on some status match opportunities last December... The post From Zero To Gold In 7 Hours – Status Matching For oneworld Sapphire appeared first on Running with Miles.

Continue reading...