Friends and family rate @ Hilton

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by chef4u, Jan 5, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. chef4u
    Original Member

chef4u Silver Member

Status Points:
    Do those rates still qualify for miles and/or points?

2. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think it does not but I am only interpreting the Terms.

http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/terms/index.html#accrual_of_points

blackjack-21 likes this.
  3. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'd agree with WilliamQ, since in the T&C's he posted above, it mentions in item #3, "Specifically Excluded.......TEAM MEMBER TRAVEL RATES, HILTON FAMILY TRAVEL RATES,.....etc., etc.".

So unless all of a sudden Hilton offers Friend and Family rates in a general mailing or emails to the public, it would seem not. However, the MVP rates do qualify for stay and points, if they're what you're referring to in the original question, also the Team USA rates, both of which have worked for me getting stay and points credited although those rates are not always available at some properties.

HiltonHotelFans likes this.
  4. adrianors

adrianors Silver Member

Status Points:
    I also use the MVP.. is the Team USA rate any better? If so, what is the corporate code cause I don't have that one.. :p

blackjack-21 likes this.
  5. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've used the Team USA rate several times so far, and it's been a bit lower then the MVP rate where it's accepted. No problems at checkin, but be prepared to find yourself a supporter of many different possible teams/groups without knowing which one until you see the final confirmation of your reservation. Not all properties accept the rate when tried on the Hilton website, similarly to the MVP rate.

Link here from FT for more info: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-hhonors/1473787-team-usa-rate.html

6. chef4u
    Original Member

chef4u Silver Member

Status Points:
    As of today, I did get credit for the stay, which counted to maintaining my current status. I've requested the missing point/miles and perhaps I will get them. Thank for the info. on MVP and Team USA rates. I might try those in the future.

blackjack-21 likes this.
  7. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Glad you got the stay credit. Just curious though, what "Friends and Family " rate did you use for the stay that you were questioning in your first comment? Also, sometimes when you see the stay credit post on your HHonors page, if you then go to the account summary in the upper left, and click on past stay's points, you'll also see the points showing for the most recent one, even if they don't yet show on your point totals at the top. It often takes HHonors a day or two more to catch up with the point totals for last stays even if the stay credit has posted, and the "pending" appears on the stay information until the points/bonuses show up. Depends of course if your stay is one that's supposed to get the points too, as mentioned above.

Let us know how it turns out for you.