Fresh Florida Stone Crab Claws

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Dining' started by Sweet Willie, Oct 28, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    sobore and tondoleo like this.
  2. tondoleo
    Original Member

tondoleo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sweet Willie likes this.
  3. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    funny thing about Joe's. It is quite expensive & my wallet doesn't like that. I actually prefer to go the more downscale seafood joints that are offering stone crabs, I get a lot more for my $, same quality (maybe different sizing).

Speaking of Joe's, there are two other Joe's in the U.S. that I'm aware of: Chicago & Las Vegas, these are run by the Lettuce Entertain You company: www.leye.com

If one is set on going to Joe's or one of their other high end restaurants such as Everest or L20, my wallet suggests the following: Wait until December, every year the LEYE group sells $100 gift cards w/a $25 bonus card attached. The $100 gift cards can be used at the high end places to pay the bill. The $25 cert can NOT be used at the high end places but can be used at most of their other restaurants. Point being if you are going to spend the $, why not get the 25% kicker!

sobore, tondoleo and Newscience like this.
  4. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    O.K., now that Willie is talkin' expensive restaurants, we're both in agreement that the absolute best seafood/Asian fusion cuisine restaurant on Oahu is Alan Wong's in Honolulu! But as great as Alan Wong's is, it'll cost you mucho dinero!

Now, the way to save some money at Alan Wong's (and many other top-notch Honolulu restaurants), is to head there during the annual Hawaii Restaurant Week, held every November. It's going on from November 18-24 this year, and you can check it out at:
    http://www.restaurantweekhawaii.com/

tondoleo likes this.
  5. tondoleo
    Original Member

tondoleo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sweet Willie I suggest you make more friends in MIA who would take you to Joe's on their dime.:)

Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
    Sweet Willie likes this.
  6. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    you privatized your profile so I couldn't see if you are from MIA:D

tondoleo likes this.
  7. tondoleo
    Original Member

tondoleo Gold Member

Status Points: