Frequently Flying - United Airlines lifetime mileage has been updated with EQMs

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Dec 31, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    Check your lifetime miles with United. Mine just jumped almost 100k when I thought I was only going to get 15k or so due to the one-time addition of elite qualifying miles dating back to program inception. I certainly hope it’s not a mistake or glitch. How did you make out?
    ©Frequently Flying, a BoardingArea Blog

Continue reading...

2. theworldofmarye

theworldofmarye Silver Member

Status Points:
    As a newbie on here, I have Lifetime Flight Miles: 29,561 from the old Continental Program. While I have pursued elite status with hotels, I have not with the airlines. If there is a possibility of gaining some status, great.. but I tend to save what miles I have accumulated and then apply them to award travel. Any recommendations?

3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I may be misunderstanding you, but you don't have to keep your redeemable award miles in your account to build up lifetime miles. Lifetime miles are just a running counter of our lifetime activity and cannot be redeemed for anything (until you reach a million miles threshold, and then you get lifetime status, but keep that counter). And the counter doesn not I down when you redeem yor earned award miles.

theworldofmarye likes this.
  4. theworldofmarye

theworldofmarye Silver Member

Status Points:
    @havemileswilltravel Thanks, yes, misunderstanding in a way, but you helped me to understand that my lifetime miles are just being counted and that they hold no meaning, other than perhaps that they never expire (?) and that's 29,561 miles I don't have to collect toward the million miles. Naturally, I use my redeemable miles for awards. Thanks. This helps me better to figure out which airline I'd like to do status on- most likely on Korean Air.

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.