Frequent Miler - The sky is falling! Or, is it?

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jan 21, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    Last week was an incredible one considering how much bad news points & miles enthusiasts had to bear. Here is a sampling of what happened and my take on each… Airlines Delta Confirms Revenue Requirements for Elite Status Next Year It’s going to be harder for traditional...
    ©Frequent Miler, a BoardingArea Blog

Continue reading...

2. I think we are seeing the start of a inflationary period and pretty soon governments will also have to raise interest rates which will start to force up pricing on many many things we have gotten used to being cheap.
    Airline and hotel travel have, in reality, been too cheap and its now payback time for those companies. Airlines have new and powerful capacity management tools that allow them to right size planes for every flight, or change schedules more often, if need be. As their experience grows with these new tools travel will get more expensive on most routes. The simple economics of the industry that an empty seat is revenue lost forever is coming into play.
    Hotels are doing much the same thing and pricing can be all over the place with capacity management tools. A room can be $100 and over $200 the very next day. I'm seeing that more and more. .