Frequent Flyers earn 10 points* per A$1 spent on all flight vouchers

Discussion in 'Qantas Airways | Frequent Flyer' started by brinkers, Dec 11, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. brinkers
    Original Member

brinkers Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nice liitle bonus on gift vouchers

http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/air...am=au:info:promo:christmas-gift-ideas:lang:en

2. drewbles
    Original Member

drewbles Gold Member

Status Points:
    Problem is that the vouchers are for base fares only, no taxes or charges. Also the fact you have to call to use the voucher, so you have to incur a phone booking fee. It's ridiculous!

3. storyteller
    Original Member

storyteller Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not so. Phoning applies to the holiday vouchers, not the gift vouchers. I plan to get a few & use them for my international fares. Even the low value $50 will be fully usable plus save me the $30 international itinerary cc fee. Seems like a good deal to me! Spend $50 and save $30.

4. drewbles
    Original Member

drewbles Gold Member

Status Points:
    Really? Last time I had a voucher, i had to pay for the taxes separately to the voucher. They must have changed the T&C's (I got a gift voucher not a holiday voucher).

5. storyteller
    Original Member

storyteller Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hi Drew, I was responding to where you said that you have to call to use the voucher, & so you have to incur a phone booking fee, - not that they apply to base fare. The gift vouchers can be redeemed online.

drewbles likes this.
  6. drewbles
    Original Member

drewbles Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ahh that has changed then. Didn't use to be able to (I haven't had a voucher for a while ;))