Frequent Flyer Search Engine

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by traveldude, Apr 14, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Has anyone here heard of Travelgrove? They seem to be the only ones that provide frequent flyer info with every flight. Check out the frequent flyer tab that lets you view what airlines offer how many miles and what you can buy with them inside a simple matrix.

Curious....

2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to MP.

3. Thanks... I'll see what I can do to contribute...

4. akcae
    Original Member

akcae Silver Member

Status Points:
    I didn't see the Freq Flyer tab...

5. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Welcome Traveldude.

Thanks for the information. I am sure it will be useful to many people here.

6. Hey Akcae,

The tab is on the left side on top.

------------------------------------------
    Also, I know travelgrove has MileBlaster as the data provider, you can see this when clicking on the little buttons inside the search results. Does MilePoint offer a similar service?

Thanks

7. travelinmike33
    Original Member

travelinmike33 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I didn't really understand what traveldude was trying to say, but it is a neat feature once I figured it out.

Once you search for a flight, you can look at the results in typical matrix that shows price by airline and number of stops. You can also look at the number of miles you would earn with each airline, viewable by total miles earned, miles per dollar based on the cheapest cost of the flight, and % of a domestic award flight (for example you may earn more miles on airline X, but airline Y has cheaper awards, so fewer miles on Y would equate to a higher %). I'm not sure it's something I would ever use, but if you want to maximize earning on flights without sticking to a specific carrier, it could definitely be useful.

thrashsoundly likes this.
  8. jrjcopp
    Original Member

jrjcopp Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, always looking for more info. But, ouch!, that site hurts my eyes.