Free Wine!

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by CrankyScott, Aug 24, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. CrankyScott
    Original Member

CrankyScott Silver Member

Status Points:
    Many hotels that I stay out deliver a complimentary bottle of wine the day of arrival or the next day. But what happens if you don’t drink alcohol?

I stay at Hilton and Marriott a lot each year and am top level in both programs. Yet I still get complimentary wine delivered to my room.

Why can’t they have a system to note hey this guy doesn’t drink wine?

For me, I would be mega happy if I was given a complimentary diet coke and keep the fruit basket, chocolates and wine.

Unfortunately today’s major hotel chains don’t have systems in place to know their guests and deliver a personalized experience.

Oh, and keep the newspapers, they only go directly in the trash. I read online.

jmrich1432, sobore, Kalboz and 2 others like this.
  2. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    Have you asked that they do this?

If you have, that is very bad customer service. There has to be many people who would prefer something other than wine. Personally I’m a wine drinker but would pass on drinking a bottle alone in my room…

3. jmrich1432
    Original Member

jmrich1432 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'll take your wine! :p

It would be nice if you could note things like this in your profile. Have you tried noting in your reservations that you don't drink alcohol? I don't know that they would pay attention, but it certainly couldn't hurt.

4. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is something I always thought hotels missed on, the ability to tailor things to a customers liking. It would seem easy enough to do on the hotel’s website by giving a guest choices. Arrival beverage: Wine, Beer or Soda.
    It would certainly make sense and potentially save the property money if they could supply soda instead of wine.

jmrich1432 likes this.