Free Weekend Day Certif void with F&F rate?

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by Jetpuffed, Apr 9, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Jetpuffed
    Original Member

Jetpuffed Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just checked into the IC Salisbury Rd Hong Kong; harbor view room, booked with F&F rate. When I presented my Ambassador card, I was upgraded from a Deluxe to a Superior Harbor View. Nice.
    They, however, refused to honor my free weekend day certificate. They claim it did not apply to the F&F rate.

Is this correct?

2. Pete
    Original Member

Pete Silver Member

Status Points:
    Correct. You have to book the special Ambassador BOGO rate. Ask if they will change your rate to the BOGO rate and then honor the BOGO cert.

3. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    Had you not read the T&Cs on the BOGO? It clearly stars that you must book the weekend through a special link and the rate is equivalent to the Best Flex rate. This was implemented more than a year ago so there should not be any of the old BOGO certs still in circulation and valid.

4. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    F&F rate wasn't technically kosher with the most recent previous generation of BOGO certs though there were some properties that would still accept them.

IC Hong Kong, however, is very by the book and not usually more generous than they need to be, at least with travelers looking to save money (or RAs booking lower category rooms).

5. I believe the HK property has had a consistent approach to Ambassadors and RA's for a while. I booked three nights in Deluxe Junior Suite on the F&F rate for later this month after discussions with the assistant manager who told me standard policy two category for RA with max upgrade to the 70 sqm executive suite full harbour view. HK 900 + 90 tax for Lounge access, if two pax, only HK1100 for lounge. Club @ USD127 a night seems reasonably expensive, but not unlike other IC's in China mainland and the CP in HK, they often separate the club out. My experience the same with Grand Stanford and CP at Causeway Bay

6. Jetpuffed
    was the original room booked the plaza deluxe? it's just that their policy at the HK property is if you book plaza, even with the upgrade you stay on the plaza side, if you book harbor they then only upgrade on harbour side, the reason i'm asking is, if you booked a plaza deluxe and upgraded to superior harbour, that's okay, but if you originally booked a harbour view deluxe room, and they told you that you were upgraded you to superior harbour view room, then that would be a downgrade, and warrant a serious complaint to the property and IHG.