Free Upgrade to First, ex-UK

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by Skye1, Jan 31, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Skye1
    Original Member

Skye1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    After all these US-centric promo's, here's one for this side of the pond. In case any missed this, AA has extended it's offer of a complementary upgrade to First Class in one direction for those flying roundtrip form the UK to the US in business class. Now bookable thru March, travel-able thru April.

http://www.americanairlines.co.uk/i...horLocation=DirectURL&title=uk/upgradetofirst

It apparently also applies to travel on BA-operated AA flights ( "Upgrade offer is available on eligible American Airlines and British Airways transatlantic routes with a First Class cabin" ).

It's suite-ly combines with the bonus miles offer for TATL travel, here:
    http://www.aa.com/i18n/urls/AAdvantageBoost.jsp
    ...which also includes flights flown on BA-operated AA flights. Was a great combination with BA's Business Class sale during December, which AA matched for it's TATL's.

T & C's say it's open to "residents of the UK" (which can possibly translate to those with a UK address on their AAdvantage profile...).

rwoman likes this.
  2. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Was posted awhile back here: LINK.

Sadly it doesn't seem we have to many UK based AAers posting here though!

Has anyone been able to take advantage of these?

Skye1 likes this.
  3. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not me...budgetary constraints and a US billing address. ;)

4. Skye1
    Original Member

Skye1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I believe there were a few who were really worked this, able to book AA flights in business when AA was matching BA's business prices, and were able to do so for flights in January, thereby enjoying DEQM on a TATL, an upgrade to First one way, AND the 25K bonus for their first of these. A bit expensive, but not bad for a sweet flight across the pond and a fair stash of miles to show for it. I personally couldn't afford a run on these, but others may...that, or it's likely an ideal deal for those who's work takes them to/from over the Atlantic often.

rwoman likes this.