Free UA 10%-off ecerts

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by hausrath, May 11, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. hausrath
    Original Member

hausrath Active Member

Status Points:
    I've got a stack of 'em, courtesy of a very kind person at UA. They all expire on May 31 and state that travel must be completed by then as well; however in practice the travel-by date is not enforced, just the ticket-by date. They also state that they are good for Y, C or F fares for travel within the 50 states and Canada and require a roundtrip and a Saturday night stay (which I just verified is, in fact, the case).

Shoot me a message if you can make use of one by then - I'll sort through the replies in the morning. My apologies if I'm not able to respond to everyone personally.

EDIT: Each cert is good for up to 4 passengers per itinerary.

2. DAS02135
    Original Member

DAS02135 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks Haursrath! I couldn't figure out how to send a PM, so I clicked on "start a conversation"...maybe that's the same thing? Anyway, thanks for being so generous in sharing

3. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    The conversation is the same basic premise as the PM. F.Y.I.

Horse likes this.
  4. hausrath
    Original Member

hausrath Active Member

Status Points:
    Okay everybody, thanks for all the messages but unfortunately the number of requests exceeded the number of certs I had to give away. I'll take a look around the house when I get back and if I come across any more, I'll message those who didn't receive a response.

Thanks!

5. dhammer53
    Original Member

dhammer53 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Appreciate the giveaway!

SC Flier likes this.
  6. MyTravels
    Original Member

MyTravels Silver Member

Status Points:
    Always great to see such generosity

I believe that most UA certs can now be used for CO, but can these be used for UA codeshares (US metal but UA flight # & on UA.com)?