Free ticket??

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by Jblack, Feb 16, 2017.  |  Print Topic

1. Jblack

Jblack New Member

Status Points:
    I purchased buisness class ticket for flight to Europe via Kayak. Card was charged initially and I received itinerary and e-tickets. Charge was pending for about 5 days and suddenly disappeared. I called credit card company (American express) and asked for the missing amount. It took them a bit to find the charge. Amex stated the charge was pending but not finalized. They told me this type of mistake happens once in a while. They also said as long as I have e ticket I am ok. I even contacted travel agency and they said my card was charged and tickets are issued. Last but not least I called airline and verified validity of my tickets. All good. Also, when looking in airline app ticket showed ok-status and issued. Am I missing anything or am I lucky?

2. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    There were a few times, with AmEx no less, where my pending charge would suddenly disappear from Pending and was nowhere to be found. But... usually after a couple of days it materializes in posted transactions.

And here's your first Like.

B1BomberVB and Kalboz like this.
  3. Jblack

Jblack New Member

Status Points:
    Thank you for your response. Per Amex the auth code expired and is no longer valid to be used by travel agency. In fact Amex flagged my card in case they try to re-charge it. I got everything in writing as far as validation from travel agency and airline I guess I will find out at airport. Worst case I have to pay at gate.

Kalboz likes this.
  4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    For a walk-up fare when the original ticket is seen as voided.

foxberg likes this.
  5. Jane555

Jane555 Member

Status Points:
    oh a friend of mine had the same situation once but it all woked out smoothly for him and his flight cost him nothing in the end

6. mahesh150

mahesh150 New Member

Status Points:
  7. drrudnicki

drrudnicki New Member

Status Points:
    Was Kayak cheaper than the airline website? Did you get some sort of perk by booking thru Kayak? I usually check fares on Kayak then book on the airline website.