Free snacks are coming back to United Economy

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by UA Insider, Dec 9, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. UA Insider
    Original Member

UA Insider Official Representative

Status Points:
    Hi everyone,

Today we’re announcing that we will re-introduce complimentary snacks to United Economy. Beginning in February 2016, customers on thousands of North America and Latin flights will begin receiving these snacks.

Based on departure time, the complimentary snack may vary. Those flying on flights departing before 9:45 a.m. will receive a morning stroopwafel – a Dutch caramel-filled waffle to pair with coffee, tea, or to enjoy on its own. Flights departing after 9:45 a.m. will offer packaged savory snacks, such as an Asian-style snack mix of rice crackers, sesame sticks and wasabi peas or a zesty-ranch mix of mini pretzel sticks, Cajun corn sticks and ranch soy nuts.

We understand the small details matter, and the return of free snacks is among a number of upgrades we’re making to improve your travel experience. For more, see our story on United Airtime.

Thanks,

-UA Insider

2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    My wife will make me book UA just for the stroopwafels :)

iolaire likes this.
  3. Weatherboy

Weatherboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Will free meals at mealtime ever make a comeback? :)

4. ssullivan
    Original Member

ssullivan Gold Member

Status Points:
    I thought you didn't fly in Y? ;)

bmg42000 likes this.
  5. Weatherboy

Weatherboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    More options to pick from when the F meals get boring. ;)

6. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Healthy snacks? Does not sound like it, lots of sugar in the stroopwafels and caramel filling just what the American people need more of what's not good for you, and when passengers complain about how small the seat is getting, maybe it is really about how big the passenger is getting filling him/herself with this type of food.The other snacks sound pretty salty to me and with what other unhealthy additives in the mix. How can anyone get excited about these types of foods? Thanks but no thanks, I will pass.

flyforawg likes this.