free night cert cat 1-4 with Chase Marriott rewards visa

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by cotter77, Mar 3, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. cotter77
    Original Member

cotter77 Silver Member

Status Points:
    trying to find a use for my free night.
    figured on my way to NYC i could stop and spend the first night in jersey and sleep before crossing a tunnel.
    Any suggestions for the best use of the free night in that area? courtyard, fairfeild inn, renaissance?

2. henrythefourth

henrythefourth Active Member

Status Points:
    Don't know about New Jersey, but the Fairfield Long Island City is nice and has shuttle to the subway/train station and is also a short drive into the city. Fairfield Astoria also offers shuttles to the subway. Can't offer any insight into the Flushing or Corona hotels.

-henrythefourth

3. MyTravels
    Original Member

MyTravels Silver Member

Status Points:
    Full service hotel, not too far from the city and free parking:

Renaissance Meadowlands Hotel
    801 Rutherford Avenue · Rutherford, New Jersey 07070 USA
    Complimentary on-site parking
    Category 4

4. SDFlyer

SDFlyer Active Member

Status Points:
    Just used my free night certificate at the Renaissance Newark Airport last week nice stay although it only lasted 8 hours....ugh. Thing is I also used the dining facility at the hotel. Had a nice meal came to $85 and was charged to the room which I checked in with the new Marriott CC. Charge came in as pending on CC. Two days later it disappeared! Score..........I believe the e-certificate picked-up the meal as well. Thought some would like to know I experience.

Edit..........I also earned over 1000 MR points for the stay.

B1BomberVB, Mikus33 and perryplatypus like this.