Free internet for RAs

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by igloocoder, Feb 18, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. igloocoder
    Original Member

igloocoder Silver Member

Status Points:
    It looks like there will be a company wide policy of providing free internet to RAs at all IC properties. Ben noted the possibility, based on some Facebook entries out of the IC Tel Aviv, on his blog.
    http://boardingarea.com/blogs/onemi...inental-royal-ambassadors-as-of-march-1-2011/

This morning the IC @WorldConcierge twitter account (http://twitter.com/worldconcierge) confirmed that this will be the case and the RAs should be getting informed of this benefit shortly.
    http://twitter.com/WorldConcierge/status/38611897985146881

2. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    All IC's should have free internet for all guests. They act like it's 1997 and the internet is a novelty.

TRAVELSIG and no-backpacker like this.
  3. don't disagree, had a stay at Frankfurt IC in December, I am a RA and have never been charged for internet at any IC property. Frankfurt IC was listed on the Ambassador website as free internet, but was charged 25 euros, USD 33, It appeared on amex bill.

It was a matter of principle, i phoned the property several times, they said someone would call back but never did. Ambassador services/PC referred me back to the hotel. I considered refuting the amex charge but couldn't be bothered with the time involved in that process.

Next time will stay at Frankfurt Sheraton property which i have been told is very nice.

4. infoworks
    Original Member

infoworks Silver Member

Status Points:
    This in a booking confirmation received from an IC property today:
    "Royal Ambassador, In Room Broadband Internet Access inclusive..."
    I have received this benefit since it kicked in on 1 March, but nice to see it in print in the confirmation.

Tim O'Brien likes this.
  5. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    The recently sent email newsletter for Ambassadors has officially confirmed RAs will get comp internet at all IC brand properties albeit for just revenue stays.

6. These guys are pretty lame when they set rules like that. Free nights are supposed to be just that. Charging RA's for internet in free nights is insulting.

Tim O'Brien likes this.
  7. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    That is one of the major issues I have with the PC program, since Hyatt and SPG extend full top tier elite benefits for their award nights. PC makes you feel like you're a second class guest on award stays. Though I must say, most properties extend the same benefits for awards as for revenue stays. That's another irritation, to have to ask what benefits one has on an award stay when checking it.

Tim O'Brien likes this.
  8. Nearly always stay at IC's, had a layover in Frankfurt again, but this time stayed at the Wiesbaden Crowne Plaza, the Frankfurt IC could have earn't 180 Euros had it been if they hadn't charged for internet on the previous stay.