Free drinks in Y - superbowl parade in the sky

Discussion in 'Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan' started by ballardFlyer, Feb 5, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Posted this in teh box a bit ago, but really surprised that AS was offering free drinks to all people on my flight today. They called it continuing the Super Bowl celebration from SEA in the sky. My friend on another flights shared the same thing.

Very nice treat for lots of folks today. AS does so many genuine things for all guests at times and it makes me happy when they break the corporate monotone of most air travel companies and spice things up.

iolaire, mht_flyer and MSYgirl like this.
  2. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hey now, it's not a parade until you flash something in exchange for having beads thrown at you. :D

3. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Did United charge a Super Bowl loss fee on the flights back to DEN :) (Sorry couldn't think of anything more clever than that :) )

timfrost likes this.
  4. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Interesting since DL did the charter flights bringing the team, cheerleaders, and others back to Seattle after the game.

ballardFlyer likes this.
  5. timfrost

timfrost Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thank you... I almost spit out my wine laughing at this. Then I made my roommate read it and basically the same thing happened. Good times.

mht_flyer likes this.
  6. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well they did that because they are papering our billboards, busses, trains, cabs, buildings, airport, TVs, entertainment venues, and sporting teams with DL logos as part of their AS attack.

And AS is actually based here.... Not an invader.