Free Drink Tickets on SWA

Discussion in 'Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (w/ AirTran)' started by Purewater, Jan 17, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Purewater

Purewater Active Member

Status Points:
    Not sure if this has been posted on MilePoint yet but thought I'd share it...SWA apparently got sued for not allowing business select passengers who purchased tix prior to 8/2010 to use their drink tickets on future flights. The settlement allows for 1 new drink ticket for each drink ticket that wasn't used. However, it doesn't look like they're confirming what you enter on the settlement form, so you can request drink tickets even if this doesn't apply to you.

solitudecanyon. com/thoughts-from-the-canyon/free-booze-on-southwest

(remove the space before com)

2. Purewater

Purewater Active Member

Status Points:
    @servo - I don't think that's right..per the FAQ:

How many Replacement Drink Vouchers will I receive? You are entitled to one Replacement Drink Voucher for every drink coupon that you report on your Claim Form that you received, but did not redeem, through your purchase of a Business Select Southwest ticket prior to August 1, 2010, subject to audit by Southwest pursuant to its records. You do not need to still have the actual unredeemed drink coupons in your possession in order to submit a Claim. If you no longer have your unredeemed drink coupons, you can still submit a Claim, verifying the number of drink coupons that you did not redeem. You will not receive Replacement Drink Vouchers for Rapid Rewards drink coupons that you received, but did not redeem

It does say you may be subject to an audit by SWA to verify your claim, but I really doubt they're going to waste resources doing that.

3. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    So, if I have never flown SWA I probably shouldn't file a claim... :D

daninstl likes this.