Free Companion Airfare with $50 Purchase at Kodak EasyShare Gallery through 12/31/11

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by toddreg, Mar 25, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. toddreg
    Original Member

toddreg Silver Member

Status Points:
  2. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    Rarely a good deal. You typically have to buy the tickets at inflated prices, and availability is limited.

T&Cs for companionticketinfo.com. This is the same program that AmEx Publishing does sometimes.

You used to be able to search their fares and availability without already having a code in hand. Now you have to have a code to get past the first page of the booking website www.companionbooking.com

I have heard of people saving some money, but not very often.

worldtraveller2, viguera and Jaguar like this.
  3. Jaguar
    Original Member

Jaguar Silver Member

Status Points:
    Agreed - It's almost never a good deal to get the free companion tickets. It's unfortunate that so many folks fall for this *scam* thinking that it's a great deal...

4. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Thanks for posting but as others have said, they rarely work.

However, that is not to say they never work. One time I did save a hundred or so by using a companion certificate.

If you were going to spend the $50 at Kodak anyway it would be a reasonable option to at least check.

SC Flier likes this.
  5. mikew99
    Original Member

mikew99 Silver Member

Status Points:
    It looks like this is a promotion from a company called "Promotions In Travel." A Google search turned up this blog describing a customer's experience with the certificate:

According to the fare chart on the blog, a SF-NY flight would cost $460. (I see flights on ITA for about $280 a/i right now.) The T&C say that you also have to pay $10 for each ticket plus taxes, fees, and surcharges on both tickets (which, on the $280 a/i fare I found, take up about $40).

So for 2 tickets, you'd be paying $560 -- the same as if you had bought directly from the airline. Except you'd be assured of getting points, upgrades, changeability (minus the usual fee), and you'd be able to book without all the other restrictions of the promotion. So go in with your eyes open on this one!

SC Flier likes this.