Free Beverage Voucher (good for one alcoholic beverage)

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Randy Petersen, Jan 20, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    Got a few of these strong beverage vouchers to give away. Only caveat is that they expire on 1/31/14 (actual flyer experience seems to indicate that FA's are very liberal in accepting these vouchers later on and often don't even look at expiration dates). So if you have a flight late in this month (or later if you think there will be no problem), I'll send one along ASAP.

First five to send me a Conversation can use these to toast a Denver Bronco's win in the Super Bowl (or toast to a Blackhawks win or a toast to your own good luck this new year).

p.s. send me a mailing address in the Conversation.

Golfingboy, javman08, goalie and 7 others like this.
  2. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's good to hear that the United Airlines FA's don't look too closely at the beverage voucher expiration dates!

Unfortunately, with Southwest Airlines, that is no longer the case! :( But, the good news is that, if we're on the same airplane when my WN drink coupons are about to expire, your drink is on me! ;)

3. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    We get a great website here and then a beverage to boot ... thank you @Randy Petersen! :)

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
    Newscience likes this.
  4. Max M

Max M Gold Member

Status Points:
    Once again cheers to Randy for his generosity!

goalie and Newscience like this.
  5. LIH Prem
    Original Member

LIH Prem Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is there any truth to the rumor that you donated and volunteered to service the pot amnesty bins at COS?

-David

6. genemk2

genemk2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I also have two of the beverage voucher than Randy is referencing. If you want one, please PM me with your name and address and I'll send along.

Randy Petersen and Newscience like this.
  7. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    :D :D :D I heard the munchies sales went up through the roof at Colorado airports due to the sudden appetite improvement of these bin handlers! :D

Newscience likes this.
  8. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is completely off topic, but does insurance pay for medical marijuana? I've seen a lawsuits about corporate insurance not wanting to pay for contraceptives, but I've not seen mention of medical marijuana in the same light.

Newscience likes this.
  9. goalie
    Original Member

goalie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Redux on that!!!!

Max M and Newscience like this.
  10. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    Likely not truth at all. Keeping myself clean with the "Walter Mitty" hope that the NBA or NFL needs me somewhere down the road. Don't want to get tripped up for my big moment ... (Sports Illustrated—"Oh my ... the snap is good, Petersen kicks it through the uprights for a record 73-yard field goal with time expired to win the game for the Denver Bronco's in this, their third straight Super Bowl victory")

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
    Max M, Flyer1976, Newscience and 2 others like this.
  11. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not like I am pushing it ... you can still partake & be an accomplished football player! :D
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
    Flyer1976, Newscience and LIH Prem like this.
  12. LIH Prem
    Original Member

LIH Prem Gold Member

Status Points:
    Likely? So there's some room there?

The house of miles logo isn't on the side of the bins? :D

-David

Kalboz and Newscience like this.
  13. LIH Prem
    Original Member

LIH Prem Gold Member

Status Points:
    What you are probably hearing about are outliers for the most part. Most corporations health insurance includes contraception and abortion coverage, etc. It's a non-issue in corporate America except for some businesses owned by people with extreme views, and of course those tend to get big headlines when they make an issue over it.

Church owned businesses (ie, some Catholic Charities based companies) are balking at providing that coverage under Obama Care for their lay (non religious) employees. Throughout the US, Catholic Charities and any number of church based businesses provide care for segments of the population typically under grants and contracts with the government. They don't think they should be forced to pay for that since it's outside their belief, yet the people working for those related companies and entities are not religious employees of the church. I think they made some exception for them that neither side liked.

Stuff like that tends to make huge headlines. I'm sure the rest of the world thinks it's ridiculous and I think they are right. It's not the 1950s anymore. People are entitled to make their own choices and not have the government dictate what their choices should be for what is mostly a religious argument. That is a position that should be embraced by the right and eschewed by the left, but in this case the roles are reversed.

I don't know of any corporate insurance plan that pays for medical marijuana. I doubt it, since it's still illegal at the federal level. A lot of things would have to happen before insurance plans started offering it as a benefit.

-David

Kalboz and iolaire like this.