Free Bags

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by snc1019, Sep 26, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. snc1019

snc1019 Silver Member

Status Points:
    It looks like Delta has quietly changed the amount of free bags that anyone who is not a Diamond Medallion. Instead of 3 free bags you now only get 2 free. Did I miss something?

2. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    This changed a while ago...unfortunately. IIRC, it was announced December 2011 and went into effect March 1, 2012.

That said, when traveling in F/J (upgraded or purchased ticket), you still get 3 bags.

USAF_Pride likes this.
  3. snc1019

snc1019 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks.

4. DiverDave
    Original Member

DiverDave Gold Member

Status Points:
    Happened a long time ago, and Diamonds get 2 free along with Gold and Platinum. Silver gets 1 bag free.

David

5. Stils

Stils Silver Member

Status Points:
    I didn't realize that silver gets one SEVENTY pound bag instead of 50. That's kind of nice. tWifey and I checked three bags with one being about 55 pounds last week at curbside check in. With the Delta Amex and my silver status the three is within normal limits but I thought the guy just hooked me up at the curb on the overweight issue for throwing him 10 bucks to haul all my crap from car to check in.

6. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    There is a workaround --- you can always gate check a bag for free and we've been on many flights recently where the GA will say something like 'we have a very full flight, you can speed up the boarding process if...."

Bob H

7. Davescj
    Original Member

Davescj Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you get the bump up to F, I think you still get 3 free. But I can't think the last time I used 2 bags, never mind 3.

Dave

traveller99 likes this.