Free 250 bonus award miles with MP shopping toolbar

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Nelumbo, Mar 20, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Nelumbo
    Original Member

Nelumbo Silver Member

Status Points:
    1. Go to https://www.mileageplusshopping.com/toolbardownload.aspx to download the toolbar and install it by April 30th, 2011.
    2. Perform at least one toolbar search or make one boolbar purchase by April 30th, 2011.
    3. 250 Bonus award miles will post to your Mileage Plus account within 10 weeks after the promotion end date.

My 250 miles has been "confirmed" on the MP shopping site.

2. chrislacey
    Original Member

chrislacey Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Downloaded and installed. I didn't see anything about the 250 mile bonus, but my shopping account shows 250 miles (showing a post date in January) that I have to assume is for this.

Also...you can earn miles (so they say) by doing internet searches through the toolbar. 3 searches (using Yahoo!) = 1 mile. Maximum of 100 miles per month. We will see how quickly these post!

jbcarioca and gobluetwo like this.
  3. gobluetwo
    Original Member

gobluetwo Silver Member

Status Points:
    hmm, interesting! i'm going to try this when i get home.

4. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, always love a extra 250 miles. That said, it will be interesting to see if this "toolbar" is compatible with Mac.

5. jwsky
    Original Member

jwsky Silver Member

Status Points:
    I wonder how easy it is to get rid of this tool bar

6. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    No 250 for me. :(?

Horse likes this.
  7. chrislacey
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Sobore..the mileage shows up at the mileage plus shopping website: http://www.mileageplusshopping.com under 'View My Shopping Account' once you log in. The miles haven't posted in my regular mileage plus account yet. I assume this will take some time.

lin821 and PAinNY like this.
  8. Travelsavant
    Original Member

Travelsavant Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the UA link. Was using AA then US & now UA...love those extra "free" miles!

PAinNY likes this.
  9. chrislacey
    Original Member

Status Points:
    ...I don't know about the Mac version, but the PC version is incredibly easy to remove. Just like any other Internet Explorer toolbar. You can also simply disable it from showing up. I was thinking about doing this just in case they will know if I uninstall it (just until my 250 miles post to my MP account).

lin821 likes this.
  10. dc3
    Original Member

dc3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    ===
    Just downloaded the toolbar. Got an email confirmation. Did 16 searches for electronics. Result - no miles!

11. Kaiser
    Original Member

Kaiser Silver Member

Status Points:
    How long did it take the 250 to show up in the shopping account? I downloaded it and did some searches but no miles showing in the shopping account yet. Also, I did not see any mention of the 250 bonus miles before signing up... I hope they will post anyway.

PAinNY and sobore like this.
  12. goalie
    Original Member

goalie Gold Member

Status Points:
    It does work with a Mac but you'll need Firefox as it's not compatible with Safari (and it's situations like this that I have Firefox on my ancient laptop (OSX 10.5.8) and my desktop iMac (OSX 10.6.7 [n.b. 10.6.7 update just came out yesterday (3/21)] That said, it's easy to install, easy to use and easy to remove*.

*One of the things I do when I install something like a toolbar is to install it and then see how easy it is to remove before actually using it (but that's just me ;))

lin821 likes this.
  13. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Goalie, Don't tell me you have fallen into the kitty avatar trap too? I was hoping for a cool hockey type avatar. :p

lin821 likes this.
  14. chrislacey
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I also did not see any mention of the 250 bonus miles, so I was a bit confused myself. Trusting the members of this forum, I went ahead and downloaded it anyways. I installed the toolbar, did one search (which takes a few minutes to show up to the right of the search box), then checked my MP shopping account. When I checked it, the miles were already there (dated January 2011). I haven't purchased anything through MP shopping since last year, and confirmed that my purchases were already there...so I'm assuming that has to be the 250 miles for downloading the toolbar.

15. goalie
    Original Member

goalie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well, her name was (R.I.P :() was Slapshot ;) and was part of my herd of 3 with Shelby & Cali but if it's hockey pics you want......

Me about to make a glove save

Save.jpg

After winning the Stanley "Keg" (yes, Keg ;) but it's empty-the "refreshments" were upstairs in the lounge ;)) and note the score :D

Keg.jpg

lin821 and sobore like this.
  16. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:

lin821 likes this.
  17. twoner3232

twoner3232 Silver Member

Status Points:
    hi. I had the toolbar and it doesn't work anymore...so I uninstalled it and can't find the link to install it again....is it gone? thanks

18. mommypoints

mommypoints Gold Member

Status Points:
    It "expired" on October 3rd. The Mileage Plus Shopping mall has recentely undergone some serious overhauls. I'm not sure if there is a new one out yet or not, but that's why your old one stopped working.

19. alohastephen

alohastephen Gold Member

Status Points:
    I received an email for their new toolbar "shopping assistant" today, but it says "search down" after installation

20. mommypoints

mommypoints Gold Member

Status Points:
    Since they are in the process of combining ShopOnepass and MileagePlus Shopping, I expect they will have some glitches off and on for a little while longer. Hopefully they will get it fixed soon. I'm glad they at least sent an email out!