Free 2,500 citi thankyou points to first 4,000 customers

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by JohnDeere19, Jan 3, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://bit.ly/sAfyVm

http://bit.ly/sAfyVm

alohastephen likes this.
  2. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    As part of signing up you must give CITI the following permissions:

Citi ThankYou Point Sharing is requesting permission to do the following:
    • Access my basic information
      Includes name, profile picture, gender, networks, user ID, list of friends, and any other information I've made public
    • Access my profile information
      Birthday
    • Send me email
      Citi ThankYou Point Sharing may email me directly at XXXXXXX ·
    • Post to Facebook as me
      Citi ThankYou Point Sharing may post status messages, notes, photos, and videos on my behalf
    • Access my data any time
      Citi ThankYou Point Sharing may access my data when I'm not using the application
    With all the privacy issues lately and all the hacking that goes on, I don't think it is worth the risk for 2,500 points.

3. PointHoarder
    Original Member

PointHoarder Silver Member

Status Points:
    Fake FB accounts are your friends! ;)

JohnDeere19, viguera and alohastephen like this.
  4. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    It makes no sense why Facebook allows this BS but requires us to create accounts using our real names and is always warning us not to share account information like passwords.

B1BomberVB, rwoman and JohnDeere19 like this.
  5. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    I could be wrong, but I don't think the Facebook API allows apps to be granular with respect to posting. Obviously they do this so that they can then post on your wall saying "oh look at the cool thing I did, come join!" but the wording itself is just plain insane.

But that's my guess... apps can't do "one of" the items (like post on your wall as you OR post a picture OR do something else, they need to be granted access to everything).

It's incredibly stupid, and if nothing else you can always a) use a fake account or b) revoke the rights as soon as you're done with the app.

rwoman, JohnDeere19 and Scottrick like this.
  6. ckwill
    Original Member

ckwill Silver Member

Status Points:
    Has anyone else had difficulty linking their account? I always access my Thank You Rewards after logging into Citi so I don't have a separate Thank You Rewards log-in and password. The app won't accept my Citi log-in and password and Thank You Rewards won't let me create a separate log-in.

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  7. PointHoarder
    Original Member

PointHoarder Silver Member

Status Points:
    Same here. I've tried to set up a separate log in online to TYR, but the thing won't let me.
    And of course, without the separate login, it's impossible to take advantage of thie promo... :rolleyes:

8. Received my 2,500 points today.

9. daemon14

daemon14 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just got an email confirming I got 2500 TY points.

Now I have 2508 points ...

wheat27 likes this.
  10. fewtreezy

fewtreezy Active Member

Status Points:
    +1

11. wheat27
    Original Member

wheat27 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just redeemed my 2500 points for a walmart gift card. Can't beat $25 for linking a facebook account.

B1BomberVB likes this.
  12. skeeter

skeeter Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have 339 points that I would like to donate to someone. (Awards start at 1K, and these points expire Dec. 31, 2013.)
    I'm signed up to share them - but who do I share them with?? Can't figure out how to give them away!!

B1BomberVB likes this.
  13. B1BomberVB

B1BomberVB Silver Member

Status Points:
    Like Skeeter, I would like to give away my 160 TY points & be done with the program.

14. daemon14

daemon14 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I can take em, but I'm also not sure how sharing works! Guess I should learn :)

15. skeeter

skeeter Silver Member

Status Points:
    From the ThankYou Citi Rewards mailer recently:
    "Thank You Points earned on your account will be expiring on December 31, 2013, and we will be closing your ThankYou member Account at that time. We encourage you to redeem your ThankYou Points prior to Dec. 31, 2013, for any of the great rewards that Citi ThankYou Rewards has to offer. You can redeem your points at www.thankyou.com."
    I was hoping to donate them to a larger cause - but I can't figure out how to find the larger causes . . .
    If you will log into www.thankyou.com, you will find there is a place where you can sign up and create a "Pool".
    I bet there are a bunch of us who have a few points -- together it would make a nice donation to a charity or some such.
    Any ideas? We just need to create a "Pool" -- and then each of us needs to xfer our points to the Pool before Dec. 31. The pool has to spend them by Dec. 31 as well, I am certain.
    Any ideas?

16. skeeter

skeeter Silver Member

Status Points:
    Milepoint - how about you set up some kind of end goal for donated points, and ask us to donate our ThankYou Points to your cause?

17. rrgg
    Original Member

rrgg Silver Member

Status Points:
    I went to the ThankYou "app" on FB and entered my ThankYou login info. I never saw anything about 2500 points. Is this normal?