Free 1000 bonus miles for Citi cardmembers on May 10

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by lotso-bear, May 8, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. lotso-bear
    Original Member

lotso-bear Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just got this from a Citi email. I wonder if it is one bonus per card, or one bonus per AAdvantage account.

Thank you for being a CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® cardmember! To celebrate the 30th anniversary of the AAdvantage program, the AAdvantage program would like to thank you with 1,000 AAdvantage bonus miles [​IMG]. In order to qualify for this offer, you must provide the primary cardmember's

AAdvantage® number and have an open credit card account. This limited 30th anniversary offer starts on May 10th, at 12:01am CST. To be sure you are one of the qualifying recipients, visit www.aa.com/AAdvantage30 on May 10th to register and reserve your bonus miles.

¹ In order to be eligible for this promotion, you must have an open Citi® / AAdvantage® credit card or CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage credit card, and your account must be open on or before 5/8/2011. If your credit card account is closed for any reason, you may no longer be eligible for this promotion. Eligible Citi® / AAdvantage® and/or CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® credit cardmembers will each receive 1,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles. The 1,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles will be awarded to each eligible credit cardmember who registers for this promotion. The AAdvantage® number registered for this promotion must belong to the primary credit cardmember.
    [​IMG]
    ² The American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles awarded through this promotion do not count toward the annual mileage cap on your Citi® / AAdvantage® credit card or CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® credit card. The AAdvantage® miles will be posted by the AAdvantage® program and will appear as a bonus in your AAdvantage® account by 06/15/2011.

notbgates, noel and miles and smiles like this.
  2. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
  3. boxedlunch
    Original Member

boxedlunch Silver Member

Status Points:
    Now, let's see some great retention offers!

4. lichenlt
    Original Member

lichenlt Silver Member

Status Points:
    I got $85 statement credit plus 500 bonus miles every month I spend >$500 for 16 months.

5. euromannn
    Original Member

euromannn Gold Member

Status Points:
    Are you sure?
    Also the link didn't show a 1000 mile offer.

6. lichenlt
    Original Member

lichenlt Silver Member

Status Points:
    positive, I spoke with the retention department for about 20 minutes, listening to the options they could offer me. Finally decided to take this offer

miles and smiles likes this.
  7. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    Read the first post.
    I received the same email. It seems to me that as long as you have a Citi AA credit card, you will be eligible for the 1000 miles by registering on Tuesday. Registration link is not active until Tuesday.

8. euromannn
    Original Member

euromannn Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. I re-read:
    AAdvantage® number and have an open credit card account. This limited 30th anniversary offer starts on May 10th, at 12:01am CST.

9. euromannn
    Original Member

euromannn Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nice retention offer. What is the annual fee? $85 credit must cover one year?

I have now a BA card, Citi card, AMEX Hilton H and Cap1. I wonder if these all have retention offers at the end of the year?

10. lichenlt
    Original Member

lichenlt Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yep

11. euromannn
    Original Member

euromannn Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. I look forward to not canceling any CC as it can hurt the credit score.
    I was planning to dump a few in December but looks like they will waive the annual fees.

12. I wonder if we can receive 1000 miles per AA affiliated card we have....

13. schnitzel
    Original Member

schnitzel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sounds like it'll be one per AA account.