Frankfurt work around

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by Acdgrad, Mar 3, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Since yesterdays shooting at Frankfurt Airport I am looking for an alternative route to Chennai India. I came across a flight from IAD to Dubai with a connect into Chennai. Here's the problem the last leg from Dubai to Channei is three hours on Air India with no Business or First Class. Has any one done this flight (Air India from Dubai to Chennai) feed bach welcome. I am going to Dubai on United where I am Platinum Ex. so I will most likley get the upgrade from Business to First

2. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Three hours in Y...worse things have happened!

3. mrpickles
    Original Member

mrpickles Silver Member

Status Points:
    Fly through FRA! Why would you ever let this change your mind. Maybe because one plane has ever crashed you should go by ship. Or walk.

4. Efrem
    Original Member

Efrem Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not that flight, but I've flown Air India in economy. No worse than other airlines' economy. Unless you're too large to fit into any economy seat or have other special requirements, no problem.

That said, I wouldn't avoid FRA for this reason. I don't think an isolated event like that makes it any more likely to recur there than to happen at another airport. You have to be comfortable with your routing, of course. What I would or wouldn't do isn't the issue.

As for other creative suggestions: are you originating in the D.C. area, or is that just your international gateway? We might be able to think of other options if you're coming from somewhere else.

lin821 likes this.
  5. misman
    Original Member

misman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Have you thought about SIN or BKK?

6. misman
    Original Member

misman Gold Member

Status Points:
    also, I agree that I would not avoid FRA because of this single incident.

7. AtomicGardener
    Original Member

AtomicGardener Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's the same logic as what happened with Taco Bell a few years back. Taco Bell was bashed in US newspapers for being unsanitary and causing food poisoning. I went into a Taco Bell a few days after the bad press- and wouldn't you know- the Taco Bell had gone out of its way to make it spotlessly clean.

I'd expect security to be increased-isn't that what you would do if your job was to run an airport?